It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Chapter 8, Page 28, Book 11


R and R Sunday

One of the most relaxing places I know of is here in the woods at my camper.  This weekend has been one of peace and quiet for me.  There are very few  people camping this weekend and it's almost as though we have the place to ourselves. Yesterday DD and her hubby took me out to breakfast in the morning and then we stopped on our way back at the local Goodwill store as I was out of books to read and had forgot to bring along my Kindle.  We also stopped and got some super sweet sweet corn for our dinner.  It was delicious.  They went out on their little boat fishing for the better part of the afternoon and I sat on the deck and read.  The campfire last night was wonderful too.  It was just cool enough out that the fire really felt good.

This morning we are enjoying a late breakfast of sausage gravy and biscuits with some eggs on the side.  That won't be until later though as they do like to sleep in.  Meanwhile I have my good cup of morning coffee to start my day off.  

Later on this afternoon we'll head for home.  They both work and tomorrow morning will be the start of a new work week.  For me it will be the beginning of a new week but I no longer have to go off to work.  Still I'm looking forward to next weekend when we'll be back here at the camper celebrating the Labor Day weekend which, sad to say, signifies the end of summer for most of us.

Being rested and refreshed for a new week is what my Sunday R and R is all about.  I hope your Sunday is full of some of that wonderful R and R too.

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Sonya said...

That does sound like a lovely weekend. Food sounds good, rest and peace sounds good, reading and fishing sounds good! Be careful and have a great day!

Pat MacKenzie said...

Your Sunday sounds so lovely and peaceful. And isn't it nice not to have to go back to work on Monday.

TARYTERRE said...

Your camper in the woods sounds like such a peaceful and serene place to be. I love to read and can't imagine myself without a book nearby. So I'm glad you found one to read. RELAX and ENJOY this weekend and next.

Scrappy quilter said...

Sounds like such a peaceful place and the best place to be for you to relax. So happy you have your little place. Hope the rest of the day is relaxing too. Hugs

Buttercup said...

What a lovely day! I'm prepping for surgery and did catch up on sleep in the morning. Thanks for your prayers and good wishes!