It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Chapter 8, Page 21, 2011

R and R Sunday


Ever since the invention of the calendar man's days have been numbered

We have 12 months in the year and 7 days in a week.  365 days to enjoy, to work, and to love.

But on the 7th day - Sunday - we are to REST.

My little place in the woods is where I go for rest and relaxation and this summer there have been far too few days to do just that.  This weekend I'm back at the camper and resting. And what a blessing it is too.  Camping weekends now are numbered and I intend to be able to enjoy them to the fullest.

The warm days of summer will probably see us through the middle of September and  hopefully through October, we will still see many sunny days.  We never know.  Sometimes fall is beautiful and sometimes it is wet and cold.

The truth is there is a time for every purpose under heaven. Spring, summer, fall and even winter all have their purpose. 

Sunday is a time to rest. 

Hope you all have a relaxing and refreshing day!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Linda said...

Great idea! I had to be up bright and early to have my son to the airport for his 6am flight back to NC. Hopefully the rest of the day will be restful! Linda

Hollie said...

I hope you have a wonderful day of rest! I'm got to catch up on a pile of neglected laundry! I can't wait to Fall! I'm hoping it will be beautiful!

Scrappy quilter said...

I'm so glad you are camping. Summer is gone all too soon. I've started taking Sundays for rest and relaxation. I do no housework, no laundry...just have fun going to church and then home to scrapbook with C. What a wonderful change it's been. Hope you have a beautiful Sun. Hugs

TARYTERRE said...

You are so right... all our days are numbered. LOL Have a wonderful time out at your camper in the woods. Relax and enjoy.

Linda's World said...

I will rest because it's going to be another very warm day & that's about all one can do when it's hot out there. Hope you have a pleasant rest!

Barb said...

Hi Ma. I envy you being able to go camping; hope you're able to do it for a long time. My Johnny and I used to go often. Nothing smells as good to me as fresh coffee being brewed in the outdoors. And the view? Nothing so calming. Of all I treasure in the world, one thing I treasure the very most is my alone time with the Lord, and it is always so special if I am able to be in the great outdoors.
Summer here has been quite mild, so we're thinking we might have a horrible winter. Even so, Fall comes first and next to Spring, it's my favorite season. Thanks for the post, the uplifting words.
Love you.

jack69 said...

I guess you are right about the time at the campground getting short. WE just cannot stop it, time moves on. almost time to head the camper toward Florida.

have a great week
Sherry & Jack