It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Chapter 8, Page 27, Book 11




SUPER SATURDAY

A bicycle can’t stand alone because it is two-tired

One thing I know for sure...maybe two is that when you have two people working together things get done a whole lot better and faster too.

I remember the days when I worked a 40-50 hour week every week and when the weekends came I was often too tired to participate.  Saturdays were always full of chores and shopping to be done and never was the day long enough to do it all.  But then I had help too.  When the babes were home everyone pitched in and did something.  

It's a good thing there isn't much at all to be done around my house on Saturdays anymore because there isn't anyone around to help with it all.  I miss the days of sharing everything I did with others  Now, if I get to the camper on weekends I always have family around and we do share the tasks there.  But most of the time I feel like I'm on the receiving end of things there.

Two is always better than one.

Have a SUPER Saturday everyone!

Be safe, East Coasters, we are all praying for you

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Just a little wind and alot of humidity here....
Have a great weekend..!!

peggy said...

Happy Saturday Ma. Like your picture of the two friends. We are back from a trip and wanted to tell you that the orange barrel should be a national symbol as we went through three states of them. Sometimes for miles and nothing was going on, like they are saying, watch out we're on our way. Hope you have a good weekend, I'm with you thinking of our East Coast friends.

Scrappy quilter said...

I agree, two is always better than one. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Hugs

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

very true. I use to miss out on so many things when I worked weekends.

take care....