It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Chapter 8, Page 25, Book 11


THANKFUL THURSDAY

EACH DAY IS A GIFT!

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I — not events — have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. 
I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it

Groucho Marx

 
This morning I rose to greet a beautiful summer morning and  expressed gratitude for refreshing sleep and the gift of a new day.  Each new day is such a blessing for me, especially these lovely days of summer.

I'm thankful that we have enjoyed summer walks, sunshine when it did shine!, beautiful sunsets, gardens full of color and watching swallows and wildlife maximize the summer months.

We have appreciated the freedom of being outdoors and how important it is to get a break from constant television. We have allowed ourselves to slow down, we have given ourselves time to unwind and we have done things we normally might not do.

But after summer break we drift quickly back into what we must do next, what we forgot to do and what we wished we had done. We forget about living in the moment where life bubbles and where life really matters. 

In the meantime let's make the most of today and the days that are left in August!  The gift of each day is a blessing.

I hope your Thursday is a day in which you can be THANKFUL too.

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Ally Lifewithally said...

May your Thursday be everything you wish for ~ Ally x

TARYTERRE said...

Each of us has the power within to change our reaction to the things that happen to us each day. I've learned to harnass this positive energy into my daily life. Have a great day, MA.

Scrappy quilter said...

I agree!! August has slipped by so quickly. Soon it'll be Sept and the shorter and cooler days of fall. It's been so hot here that I'm going to enjoy those cooler days. Hope you have a wonderful Thurs. I'm blessed for each day I have too. Hugs

Hollie said...

I'm enjoying my day as I have to work tomorrow & all weekend! I love being @ home!

grammy said...

I like that...living in the moment where life bubbles (o:
Sounds like life has been treating you good.
I just caught up here.
I have been reading a lot this summer and find no need for the TV or even the computer. Cold winter days and daycare will bring me back to the old routine....maybe.

Barb said...

Embracing each moment as it comes adds such quality to our lives. I always enjoy your entries so much. It's like visiting with you across the kitchen table, perhaps while sipping tea or coffee. Have an awesome day, Ma. Love you.

jack69 said...

You don't read many quotes from Groucho, but that one says a lot about today.

I try to appreciate the days more and more.
God is Good, and lIfe as well.
Good post Ma.