It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Chapter 8, Page 24, Book 11



WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY AND USING OUR STRUGGLE MUSCLES

Columbus Returns
The teacher asked her fifth-grade class, How was Columbus treated when he returned from his third voyage?
One student said, Lots of people met him at the pier, and they all had a great time.
Sternly, the teacher said, You didn't read the assignment!
The student brought the textbook up to the teacher's desk and showed her where it read, Columbus received a cool reception when he returned from his third voyage.

Have you ever felt embarrassed after someone rebuffed your invitation to go for coffee? Ever felt hurt when you opened yourself up to another person and they didn’t react the way that you had hoped? Ever felt scared for any number of reasons?
Congratulations! You’re alive and growing, too!  
Sometimes life is to be lived forward and understood backwards.. life doesn't have a pause button and there is no instant replay.  Crisis moments, problems, failures, illnesses, rejection, and guilt are chapters in the stories of our lives. 

In Hunt Of Beautiful Tomorrow, Lets Not Waste The Wonderful Today

 I've learned that in life we often complain about our problems, only to find that other people have problems worse than ours.   All of us imperfect people can thank God even in our imperfection.  It is wonderful to be who I am and where ever I am each day.

It's a WONDERFUL Wednesday here at my house.  I hope your day is a wonderful one too.

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Thanks for another wonderful post that makes me count my blessings....Yesterday afternoon was a little crazy...hope i never see the glass windows in front of my desk shake and sway again....!!

Hollie said...

I'm enjoying a Wonderful Wednesday also!

jack69 said...

I love it when you hit the nail on the head just for me:
In Hunt Of Beautiful Tomorrow, Lets Not Waste The Wonderful Today!!

What a great find.
Love from North Carolina

TARYTERRE said...

I so agree with this... "It is wonderful to be who I am and where ever I am each day." It is how I feel about my life.