It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Chapter 8, Page 23, Book 11


TERRIFIC 2'S TUESDAY!

Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals like CHOCOLATE

Sandra Boynton

Guilty pleasure or terrific treat?

Chocolate is my favorite comfort food and I'm pretty sure I share that favorite with a lot of other people too.  Cadbury...Godiva...Ghirardelli... Hershey... Lindt. are just a few of my preferred choices.  Cookies with chocolate chips in them are delicious too.


THINK of what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world, had cookies and milk about 3 o’clock every afternoon and then lay down with our blankets for a nap

 Robert Fulghum.

Chocolate is made from the seeds of the tropical cacao tree , theobroma cacao, which means  food of the gods. Cacao grows 15-20 feet tall with fruits shaped like pods. Each pod holds about 20-50 beans.

Chocolate can be good for you in small doses. Research has shown that the cocoa-based confection, which contains chemicals called flavanols, can improve blood flow and reduce blood pressure. Plus chocolate is a mood booster increasing serotonin in the brain.


A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand

Here is some news that chocoholics have been waiting for: chocolate has been classed as a superfood.
Research shows that dark chocolate is richer in health-boosting antioxidants than juices made from blueberries, cranberries and other so-called superfruits.
Researchers have even gone as far as to claim that the smell of chocolate alone  can protect against colds.  It's a good thing that I even have a chocolate scented candle here at my house.  Oh,  and I love my chocolate flavored coffee too.
But, sadly for chocolate lovers, the treat's high fat and sugar content means that dietitians recommend it is eaten as part of a balanced diet, rich in less  appealing foods such a brown rice and fruit and vegetables.
That is my 2 for this Terrific Tuesday - chocolate and a balanced diet..

Have a TERRIFIC  Tuesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Believe it or not... I'm not particularly fond of chocolate. I usually ONLY eat white chocolate. I like Godiva. But sometimes I can tolerate milk chocolate. At Christmas the family buys me a box of the nuts and chews and it lasts a good long while. ENJOY your chocolate fix, MA. It's good for what ails you.

peggy said...

It's good to be home and reading your posts. We had a lot of chocolate on our car trip, you know it keeps you awake (or that's what we use as an excuse.)

jack69 said...

I am married to one of those 14 out of 10 (LOL) chocolate lovers. I like chocolate but much prefer the lighter(colored) desserts like butter pecan or walunt icecream.

growing up Snickers was my favorite candy bar.
Great entry.

Weather here is nice lately also.

Scrappy quilter said...

I'm with Taryterre, I'm not a chocolate fan either. Once in a blue moon I will eat a tiny amount, otherwise it's not for me. Hope your Tues. is perfect. Hugs

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Did you know that broken cookies have no calories....??!!!
LOLLOLLOLLOL....Enjoy