It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, August 22, 2011

Chapter 8, Page 22, Book 11



There are two fatal errors that keep great projects from coming to life:

  1. Not finishing, and...
  2. Not starting.

Author Unknown  


MERRY MONDAY

Sometimes it takes small steps to achieve great things and  that is just what I am doing these days.  More and more when things look overwhelming, I'm tempted to do nothing, but after discovering that getting a little done at a time does add up, I decided that was the way for me to achieve anything.

Did you know that 5 minutes a day adds up to two and a half hours a month, and thirty hours over the course of a year. If you spend those five minutes each day making minor improvements, they can steadily bring about major accomplishments.

Being older has slowed me down big time, but I'm still moving.   The great thing is that there is a lot of benefits to moving slower.  We rush through the day, from one task to another, from one appointment to another, until we collapse on the couch, exhausted, at the end of the day.  When you eat slower, driver slower, walk slower, shower slower, work slower.you do thing  more deliberately. and live more in the present moment.

I’ve found that over and over again my life is enriched by slowing down.  I’ve spent years trying to learn how to be more productive, and now it seems that might have been moving me away from happiness.

It seems we are all in a race against the clock. Most of the time, our racing takes place at a subconscious or even unconscious level. But there are those times when we become keenly aware that the ticking timepiece has claimed our life's energy

You don't notice the small things if you are moving fast

Being present to the present is a gift of great magnitude. It is a practice that nudges us to awareness, alertness and attention. It is aided by a desire to live the human life as fully and significantly as possible.

Moving slowly does have it's benefits!

Have a MERRY Monday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

I agree, moving slower does have it's benefits. I've found if I do things in 15 minute time frames, I get way more accomplished in a day. It's become a habit of mine after years of getting healthy from a burnout. Hoping you have a very relaxed Mon. Hugs

jack69 said...

Awwwww girl, I don't think there is much that slows you down. Yuo will b e going andf going and going and going like that little rabbit~!!!!!!

Love from NC have a great week.

Arlene (AJ) said...

A really great read with your blog words dear. Loved reading it, so true. Have a great Monday.

TARYTERRE said...

That's me to a T. Not finishing, and never starting. Because of my bad knees everything I do is at a slower pace. Good points today.