It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Chapter 8, Page 18, Book 11

THANKFUL THURSDAY


Everything I Learned From A Cow

Everything I need to know I learnt from a cow

Wake up in a happy mooo-d.

Don't cry over spilled milk.

When chewing your cud, remember: There's no fat, no calories, no cholesterol, and no taste!

The grass is green on the other side of the fence.

Turn the udder cheek and mooo-ve on.

Seize every opportunity and milk it for all its worth!

It's better to be seen and not herd.

Honor thy fodder and thy mother and all your udder relatives.

Never take any bull from anybody.

Always let them know who's the bossy.

Stepping on cowpies brings good luck.

Black and white is always an appropriate fashion statement.

Don't forget to cow-nt your blessings every day.


Here it is thankful Thursday once more and I am COUNTING MY BLESSINGS once again. There is, it seems, lessons to be learned from everything in life including a cow. Who would have thought that a cow could teach us to be THANKFUL.


Everyday life has taught me a lot of things over the years. It has filled me with hundreds of little lessons that have brought so much laughter into my life, love into my heart, and joy into my soul. I'm very thankful for all the lessons I've learned in my life and although I didn't make the list below, it very well could be my list of the lessons I've learned too.

Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.

Memorize your favorite poem.

Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.

When you say, I love you, mean it.

When you say, I'm sorry, look the person in the eye.

Believe in love at first sight.

Never laugh at anyone's dreams.

Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.

In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.

Don't judge people by their relatives.

Talk slow but think quick.

When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile and ask, Why do you want to know?.

Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.

Say bless you when you hear someone sneeze.

When you lose, don't lose the lesson.

Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.

Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.

When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.

Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.

Marry a man you love to talk to. As you get older, his conversational skills will be as important as any other.

Spend some time alone.

Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.

Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.

Read more books and watch less TV.

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll get to enjoy it a second time.

Trust in God but lock your car.

A loving atmosphere in your home is so important. Do all you can to create a tranquil harmonious home.

In disagreements with loved ones, deal with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.

Read between the lines.

Be gentle with the earth.

Pray. There's immeasurable power in it.

Never interrupt when you are being flattered.

Mind your own business.

Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.

If you make a lot of money, put it to use helping others while you are living. That is wealth's greatest satisfaction.

Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a stroke of luck

Learn the rules then break some.

Remember that the best relationship is one where your love for each other is greater than your need for each other.

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

Remember that your character is your destiny.

Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon. That's the FUN part!
Author Unknown

Life's road is strewn with puddles,but I've been truly blessed!

I hope your Thursday is one in which you can be THANKFUL too.

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

peggy said...

You always come up with something new to make us laugh and think.

Ally Lifewithally said...

Pat thankyou for dropping in on my blog ~ it is always good to hear from you ~
Hope your Thursday is a terrific one ~ Ally x

Scrappy quilter said...

Got a chuckle this morning about the cow. Never heard that one before. Hope your day is perfect Hugs

TARYTERRE said...

This post made me smile. I never knew I learned everything from a cow. LOL But after reading this, there is no doubt, I did. Hope you had a nice day.

jack69 said...

Always good advice and great information.
Never been advised by a cow, but now I will start listening and associating. I am sure Paula will relate. LOL

Love sent from down here.

Sybil said...

Hi Ma, what grand words of wisdom you have shared with us this morning. One phrase was one that when I was training as a telephonist (in the long distant past when you actually spoke to a human when you called the bank etc)
we were told always to answer the telephone with a smile on our faces as the "caller" could see our "smile" I thought this was a daft thing to say until one day soemone who called said how much she enjoyed calling as I had such alovely smile !!LOL so even now I always try to answer with a smile !!
Thank you as always for giving us food for thought.
Love Sybil xx