It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Chapter 8, Page 16, Book 11

Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you have never been hurt. And live as if this were heaven on earth

Isn't that one great motto to live by. I've read this quote many time, but when you have trusted another with all of yourself and have been betrayed, then the hurt is profound. That hurt makes a lasting mark on your heart. That is when it seems impossible to trust and even perhaps love like you have never been hurt.

I think that once the dust settles and we see the merits in forgiveness, then most of us desire to forgive. But actually forgiving is a challenge and in most cases, we have to let go of our pride in order to do so.

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Replacing hurt with happiness and pain with peace is a blessing indeed.

Once when I was driving to the camper after a long tiring week of work, I found myself focusing on the horizon as far as I could see, and I felt overwhelmed by the thought of how many miles I still had to travel. I realized that I needed to shift my focus to the patch of road directly in front of my car, taking the trip one mile at a time. Focusing on road before me made the trip much shorter and a whole lot more pleasant.

Living one day at a time is just like that trip. Focusing on whatever we are doing always makes the tasks ahead more enjoyable too.

That is my 2 for this Tuesday. Focus and Forgiveness.

I hope you all have a TERRIFIC TUESDAY!

'On Ya' -ma

6 comments:

jack69 said...

Yes, if we focus too far in the future we miss the here and now.

Life is too short for petty drama, but if we aren't careful we will focus on it and get caught up.

Love fromNC

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Great advice..!!
Enjoy

Ally Lifewithally said...

Yes I agree "Great Advice"
Hope your Tuesday is a Terrific one ~
Ally x

TARYTERRE said...

Like you... I've had to learn to shift my focus to the patch of road directly in front of my car, particularly since my accident. Otherwise I find myself overwhelmed like you briefly were. I'm slowly learning to let go of the anxiety.

Hollie said...

Wonderful entry & so true! Thanks for sharing these! Great reminders!!

Barb said...

Hello again. I have that motto on my wall. Love it...and you too.