It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, August 15, 2011

Chapter 8, Page 15, Book 11

In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these.

Paul Harvey


MERRY MONDAY

Literacy most basically denotes the ability to read and write. But its broader meaning has to do with the useful mastery of a body of information to the level of using it creatively and productively to achieve worthy goals. Thus we speak of musical literacy or someone who is computer literate.

It is time to get serious about financial literacy. There is certainly a high degree of need for global and national financial literacy in view of recent money meltdowns and tensions over fiscal policy, debt ceilings, and bankruptcies

I've heard a lot about Dave Ramsey from other bloggers lately. Donna, Sonya and Jack all seem to agree with what he has to say.

I agree with his points of view to a point too, but when it comes down to it I believe you simply cannot spend what you do not have. But what should we do about what we do have and how can people like me living on Social Security feel secure.

Money, when it becomes a problem, is one worry I don't want to ever have. Money can be the root of all evil if it becomes an overwhelming thought in our lives.

Since earliest times, wisdom has been celebrated as an ideal. It is a foundation needed in order to live a full, productive and meaningful life. Over the ages money has always been a problem so I looked on the internet for money wisdom for the ages and this is what I found

They say money isn't everything. They are correct. It's the stuff you can buy with money that's everything


Ecclesiastics 7:12 Wisdom is a shelter as money is a shelter, but the advantage of knowledge is this: that wisdom preserves the life of its possessor.


When I think about the what if's in life there seems to be no end. So I'm determined not to do so and to live each day as it comes. Today I'm just fine...tomorrow may never come...yesterday is past and done and will never come again.

Every day offers you 10,000 reasons to cry, but if you can find just one reason to laugh then you will be alright.

Maya Angelou

It's good to apply some knowledge and be literate in our every day lives but it also good to remember the wisdom of the ages and never let money become so important in our lives that it robs the JOY of today.

Have a MERRY Monday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Buttercup said...

Have been reading the Dave Ramsey website and subscribed to email. I find it interesting and have been incorporating small pieces into my financial issues. Definitely working to cut out things that are not important and spend less.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Happy Monday...!!
I agree with Maya.
Enjoy

jack69 said...

Advice is something that is easy to give, sometimes hard to take. BUT we all must in the end, be responsible for ourselves. We are the only ones in our shoes.

I do love advice from folks who have 'been there'. But I still try to put in perspective.
have a great week.

Hollie said...

Hope you are having a great Monday! It's been a little cooler today!

TARYTERRE said...

I used to listen to Paul Harvey on the radio every day. I miss that. Great words of wisdom in your blog today.