It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Chapter 8, Page 14, Book 11


Show me a worrying person and I will show you a person who does not know how to relax.

Albert E. Cliffe

Learning to rest and relax is hard but so necessary in life. It’s not something that is just a good idea, but something that, I believe, is vital to our well-being.

I've had a full week of caring for grandchildren and right now I'm all about some rest and relaxation. You forget how active they are after you've not had them around for awhile. I know I watched the youngest most of the winter and spring while his mom and dad were at work, but thankfully he hadn't reached that toddler stage yet. Now although he isn't quite walking , boy can he go. I also watched our little Lucky guy and he is very much a toddler running all over and keeping up with him has been a challenge for me. Thankfully there were nap times for both.

One nice thing about being a grand'ma' is that you can enjoy them for awhile, but then you can go home and rest.

Sunday is a favorite day to rest, relax, play and do nothing. Learn to rejoice in your choice to do whatever you feel like today

Rest! Relax! Recover! Take some time to rest and treat yourself right, so you can be your best for the moments to come.


Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

jack69 said...

Yep, the grand kids are great. It is good to know you do not have to raise them.
I can dedide not to 'worry', but before you know it, I ccn dream up some 'great' things to worry about.
But I do try not to worry.
The best on you today.
Sherry & Jack

Scrappy quilter said...

I agree, grandkids are wonderful because we can send them home at the end of the day. I try not to worry either after seeing a family member worry everyday of their life. It's so sad. Hope you have a great Sunday. Have you been up to your cabin much? Hugs

Kathy said...

Enjoy your Sunday and relaxation is the word. We have made Sunday into a total relaxation day here. After church we usually go to lunch somewhere and then come home and read the Sunday paper, watch a little tv (usually whatever games or sports are on):) and take naps too. Ahhh you gotta love the day of rest.

ADB said...

Wishing you a good start to the new week, Pam

TARYTERRE said...

I hear what you're saying. Being a grandparent is a wonderful thing, but it's alot of work. REST and RELAX, MA.

Buttercup said...

Caught up on relaxation this weekend and will try to get a good night's sleep tonight. I've put worry away for a few days and it feels great. Wishing you a wonderful and relaxing week!