It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, August 12, 2011

Chapter 8, Page 12, Book 11


The Seven UPs

Wake Up - Decide to have a good day.

Today is the day the Lord hath made; let us rejoice & be glad in it - Psalms 118:24

Dress Up -The best way to dress up is to put on a smile. A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.

The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at outward appearance but the Lord looks at the heart - I Sam 16:7

Shut Up - Say nice things & learn to listen. God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth so He must have meant for us to do twice as much listening as talking.

He who guards his lips guards his soul - Proverbs 13:3

Stand Up - For what you believe in. Stand for something or you will fall for anything.

Let us not be weary in doing good; for at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good... - Galatians 6:9-10

Look Up - To the Lord.

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength - Philippians 4:13

Reach Up - For something higher. As Jiminy Cricket sings High Hopes, Always try to better yourself. Have FAITH.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.- Hebrews11:1

Lift Up - Your Prayers.

Do not worry about anything; instead PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING - Phillipians 4:6

Author Unknown



FANTASTIC FRIDAY

AS I watched two squirrels jump from branch to branch and tree to tree, I marveled at how the next branch always held the squirrels' weight. When the branches dipped, the squirrels held on. Amazed, I figured they must know instinctively how far they can jump. I wish I always had that same skill when it comes to personal decisions.

In todays uncertain times though, we need to take a leap of faith. Worries over the future can keep us from enjoying today. Today is really all we have. Over the years, I've had many times of doubt as to just how to proceed but the good Lord has always given me just what has been needed for each day. I've reached my retirement years now and for today I'm just fine. I've been given another beautiful day to live and laugh and love.

Feed your faith and your doubts will starve to death

I've found that instead of worrying about how you will get through the rest of the week, try to focus on just today. Each day can provide us with different opportunities to learn new things and that includes learning how to deal with your problems. You never know when the answers you are looking for will come to your doorstep. It's happened to me time and time again.

Following the 7 UPs today, should make for a FANTASTIC Friday! Hassles or hugs, what will it be? I’m headin’ towards the hugs, how about you!

Look UP in faith and have a fantastic day!

'On Ya'-ma

2 comments:

jack69 said...

Just stopped by to say hello. We got the carport and RV PORT IN. With a terrible storm in the middle.

God is good, power is back on.

TARYTERRE said...

The answers are out there. You just have to open your eyes to them, MA. I'm a firm believer in the old adage, 'you must stand for something or you will fall for anything.'