It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Chapter 8, Page 11, Book 11

THANKFUL THURSDAY

The Lord wants and expects us to be thankful

1Thes.5:18 - In everything give thanks: for this is the will of GOD

We should be content:

Hebrews 13:5 -Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have

Don't take God's blessings for granted:

Psa.103:2 - Bless the Lord...and forget not all His benefits

Remember to always thank Him for your blessings

1Chr.16:8 - Give thanks...make known His deeds among the people

There is peace, hope and power in praise and thankfulness. When we walk in this powerful character trait instead of grumbling and complaining, God can intervene and turn the tide, working miracles in our lives.

We always have a choice to make. Grumbling and complaining leads to unhappiness and, sometimes, negative consequences. Praise and thanksgiving or fear and worry...we can choose the way to go in our lives each day. When we are thankful, it refocuses our attention from the negative to the positive things in our lives

We live for the precious moments of joy, though all too soon we forget them. I love being able to share through my journaling what I've been thankful for. And by rereading the posts I've made in the past, I can live more confidently because I know that eventually the clouds will clear and there will be brighter days. Most of all, I can hope.

So once again this Thursday I'm listing the things I am thankful for

I'm thankful for my faith, my family and my friends

For my health and the good health of my family too

For summer days that bring sunshine and family times

For an inspring thought … which encourages us to look at problems in a different light – as opportunities for creative solutions.

For those with August birthdays . We have 4 this month in our family and each one of them is a blessing

No matter how you choose to spend your Thursday I do hope it is one that will give you many opportunities to be THANKFUL.

'On Ya' -ma

May the JOY of the Lord always be upon you.


3 comments:

Hollie said...

I'm feeling very thankful this morning also! Your blog just starts my day off right!! This is just what I needed this morning!

A wonderful list of thankfuls also!

I love to go back & reread my entries also!

Scrappy quilter said...

I'm thankful this morning for you. Your blog is always such an encouragement to read each morning. Thanks for blessing us everyday. Hugs

jack69 said...

I am sitting here thankful that we now have two ports, an RV port and a car port. (Pictures later)
Installed during one of the worst storms of the year. Everyone is without power except the ones with generators. Thank goodness we are self sufficient. They finished in the dark. Gotta shut this generator down soon.
From down here.