It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, July 08, 2011

Chapter7, Page 8, Book 11s

God doesn’t look at how much we do, but with how much love we do it

Mother Teresa

All the decisions you have made throughout your life have brought you to where you are today. That’s powerful, when you think about it. In other words you manage your life by the decisions you make.

When I think about the decisions I've made I'm glad I went with the ones I did. If I hadn't married DDH I'd not have my 7 wonderful children and almost 16 grandchildren. Yep, #16 will be added to the family come September.

If I hadn't decided to retire I would have missed out on my happy hours spent watching my 2 youngest grand children this past year.

If I hadn't decided to buy a camper I would have missed out on days and days of fun and relaxation.

Actually all of these things I have are by the grace of God. So to Him I am most grateful

Little things in life are often the greatest. I love doing my laundry and I love cleaning my house. I love cooking when I have lots of people to feed.

It is the daily grind that gives a person polish

My decisions and what my life has become are things of beauty to me. Maybe not so to others as we all have different ideas about what is beautiful.


Life can be FANTASTIC when you are doing what you love.
I hope you all have a FANTASTIC FRIDAY!

'On Ya'-ma


Friday resolution: Remember to take one task at a time today and try to enjoy everything you do

6 comments:

Hollie said...

Wonderful entry! God is GOOD! You have made some great decisions! I'd love to be able to sit & talk with you around that campfire about life in general! What a wonderful & relaxing thought! Of course, some shopping too as well like a lot of the same things!

jack69 said...

Mother Teresa , a wise and wonderful lady!!!

have a great weekend. WOW what a bunch of grandkids. A lot of joy!

Barb said...

Your decisions were good ones. Too often people overlook the joy to be found in simple things. You do the opposite- take pleasure in the simpler things in life, things too often taken for granted. I've made some horrible choices in my life, but the good ones I made ...well, they balanced things out.
It is the good decisions I made that finally added quality to my life. I prefer quality over quantity any day, my friend. I am doing much better after my back surgery. Thank you for your kind thoughts. Have an awesome day. And just so you know, I have been humming that Diamonds & Pearls song all morning. :)

peggy said...

I see I am not alone in loving those little chores that tell us we are blessed to be able to do them. I know you are having a great camping time with your family. I just made pancakes for my bunch. It is fun to see them eat. Now I have those dishes, so see you later.

That corgi :) said...

how exciting for a new baby come September!! That is so true about our decisions, people don't realize that and they want to blame God or blame others, but seriously it is really our decisions that we do make that we carry with us through our lives. Your decisions were good ones indeed! and conversely, I'm sure there are decisions you made that you look back on and wonder if they were right or know that they weren't right, but yet it was a learning experience (like I have decisions like that too!)

enjoy Friday!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Love that comment about the daily grind giving you polish. So true. I have made alot of great decisions in my life. But I sometimes dwell on the not so good ones. Have to change my focus. Glad you are so blessed by the power of yours.