It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Chapter 7, Page 6, Book 11

The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.

Author unknown, commonly attributed to Benjamin Franklin


WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY

Wouldn't it be nice to truly be a know-it-all?

It would be great to understand everything, but life gives us many occasions when we just walk around confused instead.

Most of us played hide and seek as a child. I loved to run and find the best possible hiding place, then wait with a pounding heart for quiet footsteps to come near me. Why was that game so much fun? I think there’s a quiet thrill in being hidden. There’s also a thrill at looking for something that doesn’t want to be found

That's why each day is such a delight for me. I never know exactly what it will be like, but anticipate the new things it will bring. Each day brings something new and wonderful for me

Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open.

John Barrymore

On Independence Day Weekend we found time to kick back, spend time with friends and family and celebrate our inalienable rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness!

Things as simple as smiling, keeping a journal, volunteering, and walking can bring you a big time happiness boost.

Although I can't live my life again, I'm still going to live the new way every day any way. I'll never have all the moments I've missed, but I do have all the time remaining.


Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday and be good to yourself. You deserve it!

'On Ya'-ma

Wednesday resolution: Focus toward things that you can control, such as yourself. It’s a much more peaceful and productive way to live. Remembering that God is with us and will, over time, make the way before us brighter.

4 comments:

Sonya said...

Wonderful entry about each day being like hide and seek. It sure is. We do keep learning and yes, we do sometimes walk around confused with invisible question marks over our heads. Sometimes I wonder if people can actually see mine. lol. And I love the blog topper picture.

jack69 said...

Good entry. and we all need to know when happiness starts to leave so we can recall it.

Such a true statement. Sometimes it leaves and we don't know it.

Love from NC

TARYTERRE said...

I know some people who think they know-it-all. LOL Loved the way you described the game of hide and seek. So true. Everyday is one of discovery and challenge. I try to keep a written journal besides my blog. Makes me happy.

That corgi :) said...

I have to say that is one of our rights as an American to pursue happiness, but yet Jesus never says to pursue happiness but him. I think half the trouble the country is in is because people keep trying to pursue happiness by buying things they can't afford, etc rather than seeking the joy of him in living, which I think you do try to do in your life Ma!

Looking for the simple things to make us happy I think is a great gift and I know you have that very special gift!

betty