It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, July 04, 2011

Chapter 7, Page 4, Book 11

America! America ! God shed his grace on thee. And crown thy good with brotherhood from sea to shining sea!

Katharine Lee Bates


IT'S MERRY MONDAY! THE 4TH OF JULY!

When you think about July 4th what comes to mind?

Perhaps you think about a day off from work with picnics, fireworks, and those red, white, and blue flags displayed in front yards along your neighborhood streets.

This is all good, but the one word that comes to my mind is freedom.

On this Independence Day I am reminded of all those who have sacrificed for my freedom. May I always remember that my freedom was purchases with a very high price. My freedom cost others their very lives.

Today at 1:00pm EDT, please stop whatever you are doing and let us take one minute to bow our heads and pray together for the safety of all of our Military, their families, and America

My patriotic heart beats red, white, and blue.

Author Unknown

A Prayer for Independence Day

God bless America and keep us safe and free
Safe from all our enemies wherever they may be,
For enemies are forces that often dwell within,
Things that seem so harmless become a major sin,

Little acts of selfishness grow into lust and greed
and make the love of power our idol and our need....
For all our wealth and progress are as worthless can be
Without the faith that makes us great and kept our
And while it's hard to understand the complexities of war
Each one of us must realize that we are fighting for
The principles of freedom and the decency of man,
But all of this must be achieved according to God's Plan

So help us as Americans to search deep down inside
And discover if the things we do are always justified
And teach us to walk humble and close in Thy ways
And give faith and courage and put purpose in our days
And make each one of us aware that each must do his part
For in the individual is where peace must have a start
For a better world to live in where all are safe and free
Must start with faith and hope and love deep in the heart
of me

In Jesus Name I Pray!

Amen and Amen!

Helen Steiner Rice


Love, Blessings, and Prayers for you all today. Have a wonderful 4th of July!

'On Ya' - ma

Monday resolution: I will thank God for all the blessings in my life

6 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Have a great holiday...!!

Enjoy

That corgi :) said...

Amen with thanking God for our blessings Ma! Fireworks comes to my mind on the fourth of July but you are right, also freedom! I am glad I live in a free country and I am glad I have also freedom in Jesus with what he did for me on the cross!!

enjoy your day!

betty

Hollie said...

Happy Fourth of July my friend! I'll definitely being praying for our service men & women! I'm so thankful for all the selfless acts they do for the rest of us!

jack69 said...

Yes, Freedom has not been free. It cost us many young lives, old also in the earlier days.
So thank God we can serve him in the open and not worry about retribution for doing it.

happy fourth to you and yours.

Buttercup said...

Thanks for the beautiful post. Hope you're having a wonderful day with family. I'll be joining for moment of prayer and thanks at 1:00 p.m.

Rose said...

It reminds me that Freedom is not FREE.

I pray for all that lost their lives for us.

Hugs, Rose