It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Chapter 7, Page 30, Book 11

I think the purpose of life is to be useful,
to be responsible, to be honorable, to be compassionate.
It is, after all, to matter: to count, to stand for something,
to have made some difference that you lived at all.

Leo Rosten


SUPER SATURDAY

We all have a purpose and a destiny in our lives whether we know it or not.
We can sometimes lose our purpose for living. We can make plans and design our life to achieve our personal goals and ambitions. We can invent our own purpose for living. We can even live our life with no particular purpose in mind. We can live from day to day with no intent and no direction. We can live our life being guided by others and guided by the influences of the world around us.

Believe me, if you're still alive, you still have work to accomplish.

Maybe not everyone feels this way, but I know a lot of people want to be useful. When thinking about life's purpose, they want their lives to be something that will have a good effect on the rest of the world, or at least on those living in their little corner of the world

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Your life purpose is something that keeps you going day by day. It may be a dream that you had, as a child, that you now feel ready to fulfill. Or it may be something that you envision in your mind but you're not yet sure how it works

The older I get and the more I know, the more I want to take control of my life and be responsible for it. Not only do I want to be accountable for my actions, but I also want to be accountable for the repercussions of my actions. I want to know that what I'm doing is the right thing, that I'm not acting out of selfishness or haste.

Having a purpose is the difference between making a living and making a life.

Tom Thiss

Some people want to matter in a big, grand way. Some people want to matter only in the lives of those who are closest to them. But either way most of us really seem to want that and to know that our lives count, that we're here for a reason, that we have purpose. And we don't want to matter just to ourselves. We want to matter to others.

Leading a purposeful life is really important because when you have an aim in life, you work hard towards achieving your motive. If you are aimless then you remain idle as you have no aim to achieve or to fulfill.
I believe everyone has a different purpose, some of which overlap and some of which don't. Sometimes it's hard to understand the purpose of others, but there is a purpose for everyone and everything.

My life has been, and is, full of twists and turns. But it has always been full of purpose.

I'm sending LOLAH to you all from my little place in the woods this morning!
I do hope your Saturday is a Super one!

'On Ya'-ma

Saturday resolution: put your wisdom, your experience and even your regrets to positive purposeful use.

3 comments:

jack69 said...

It is nice to have a little place in the woods. That adds a little spice and also give purpose.

I am hoping when we depart, that we will have made a little difference.
Love from NC
Sherry & Jack

Buttercup said...

As ever thoughtful, Ma. I'm sorry that you don't live closer. I think so much when I visit your blog and know an afternoon drinking iced tea and chatting would be lovely.
Enjoyed the quote from Leo Rosten. His daughter is a friend of mine.

TARYTERRE said...

Hope you are enjoying your visit to your camper in the woods. Sounds heavenly.