It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, July 29, 2011

Chapter 7, Page 29, Book 11

FANTASTIC FRIDAY/ AN IMAGINARY TRIP TO THE BEACH DAY FOR ME

Summer is always a fun time of year. There's just so many things to do when the sun's shining and the weather's good. Going to the beach to me has always been one of those fun summer things to do. I have said it before and will say it again, the BEACH is my favorite place to be and also a place I rarely get to go.

The only thing about going to the beach is that you have to be prepared. There's a few things we need to take with us in order to enjoy the beach

One of the first things we'll need is protection from the sun. There's so much skin damage we can get if we don't protect ourselves. The sad thing is , we don't even know sometimes we've gotten skin damage until later down the road and are diagnosed with some type of skin cancer.

And one of the most delightful things to do at the beach is digging and playing in the sand. Making sand castles with moats, or for the little ones, just digging in the sand can be just the best of fun. Digging a hole in the sand and just putting your hands deep into it can be the best of sensations.

We wouldn't want to go to the beach without our sunglasses. We not only need them to protect our eyes from the sun's damage, but they also help us to focus. When we don't have them on in the bright sunlight, we tend to squint and not see as clearly.

Let's bring along a bucket or something we can collect our treasures in while we are at the beach. Aren't the shells you can find along the beach just amazing? They are so beautiful and interesting. Having a little activity at the beach is always fun. Playing with a beach ball or Frisbee can be great.

Do you want to join me at the beach today?

Pause, as you come upon this beach, and listen
to the symphony of waves and the chorus of
birds, singing their song, as they glide in the wind

Grab your bucket, shovel, sun screen, and even your beach ball and come relax with me

Have a FANTASTIC Friday everyone!

'On Ya' -ma

Friday resolution: Know your limits, but never stop trying to exceed them.


4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I needed this little excursion to the beach today. Feels wonderful.

Scrappy quilter said...

I love your Friday resolution. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. We have a long weekend here (first Mon. in Aug. is always a long weekend). Hugs

Midlife Mom said...

I am so with you on this!!! I LUV the beach and always have. I was not always good about sunscreen when I was much younger. I would just fry myself and I'm sure I will pay for that one of these days but we didn't know back then that baby oil and iodine was good for you in the sun. Now I am much more careful! :o)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!!

jack69 said...

In my opinion, the less times you go to the beach the more you appreciate it. Just looking at the sand and contrast of sea and sky as the contrast fades into one.

Looking at that vast expanse of water always, without fail, makes me want to be out on it sailing away!
LOve from NC
Sherry & Jack