It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Chapter 7, Page 24, Book 11

Things I’ve Learned in Life!

I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today,
life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.

I’ve learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you’ll miss them when they’re gone from your life.

I’ve learned that making a “living” is not the same thing as making a “life”.

I’ve learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.

I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back.

I’ve learned that if you pursue happiness, it will elude you. But if you focus on your family, your friends, the needs of others, your work and doing the very best you can, happiness will find you.

I’ve learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision.

I’ve learned that even when I have pains, I do not have to be one.

I’ve learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love that human touch – holding hands, a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.

I’ve learned that you should pass this on to someone you care about…
Sometimes they just need a little something to make them smile.

Author unknown


R and R Sunday


Since I've returned from our family vacation there has been much rest and relaxation here around my house. I needed a vacation from my vacation it seems. I know that I have had put the THINGS I'VE LEARNED IN LIFE in at least one of my previous entries in this journal but I guess I needed a reminder so I put them there for you to see again today.

My whole life has been full of lessons and I'm still learning something new every day. One thing I learned this week was about Maslow's List. I'd never heard of it before and saw a reference to it on a friends blog. So I checked it out.

Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs is an important psychological theory orginated by the American psychologist Abraham Maslow. Ref: A Theory of Human Motivation. In general, values reflect one's judgment and helps sort out what is important in life. Maslow described what he considered important values that defined one's Being.

One of the results from Maslow studies was that there were layers of needs. If basic needs are not met, then there is a tendency to ignore higher needs. Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs is often portrayed as a pyramid

Maslow asks us to throw ourselves into what is meaningful for us. He asks us to concentrate on it fully and let it totally absorb you. Instead of worrying about safety issues which produces fear, get in the habit of making choices that promote growth.

He made a lot of good points and I think that what I do may be living along the lines he promoted. I live simply loving life and making the most of each day.

That's my list.

Faith and family and friends are what is important to me.

Sunday is a great day to ponder...lots rest and relaxation puts you in a nice frame of mind to do just that.

Have a wonderful and restful Sunday everyone.

'On Ya'-ma



SUNDAY RESOLUTION: Remember the most important task God has for us today may not be on our to do list



5 comments:

Hollie said...

Wonderful entry as always! I also looked up the Maslow's List as I've never heard of it also! So you & I both learned something new! I hope you have a wonderful day!

jack69 said...

I like the reminders of what WE have learned.
Also I like your priorities in the three 'F's)

Hope you get a lot of rest and relaxation today.
Love from Sherry & jack in NC

Scrappy quilter said...

Isn't it neat how we are always learning something new. Glad to hear you've been relaxing and enjoying your time at home. I know I always need some rest time after a vacation. Hugs

Scrappy quilter said...

Isn't it neat how we are always learning something new. Glad to hear you've been relaxing and enjoying your time at home. I know I always need some rest time after a vacation. Hugs

Buttercup said...

Blogging has added so much to learning, growing and new friends. It's exciting to know that a fresh idea and a kind word is just a click away. Wishes for a great week.