It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Chapter 7, Page 23, Book 11

Going around the mountain one more time...

SUPER SATURAY!

Do you ever have days when the mountain isn’t getting any higher, but the rut you’re in just keeps getting deeper. I've have heard this rut called the comfort zone or routine or round and round the mountain, where there is much activity, to-do lists being checked off, and you think something got done!

It’s only when we make the decision to climb out of the rut going around the mountain, that there is any hope for something different. Activity does not necessarily equate to results, even though the activity might be productive. If you REALLY want out of your rut, it will take some effort on your part. But anything good is worth effort,.

I used to be so excited when I got a very long to-do list done each day! I took pride that I could get done more than most in a day; I measured my worth by productivity. Sometimes you go around and around the mountain before you learn the lesson.

Do you remember that song years ago? It goes something like this, she'll be coming around the mountain when she comes, she'll be coming around the mountain when she comes, she'll be coming around the mountain, she'll be coming around the mountain, she'll be coming around the mountain when she comes...She went around that mountain five times, that is if we only sing verse one once

Some mountains I go around once, others more than once and in some areas of my life, I am probably still going around some, but one thing is for sure, God will finish the good work He has started.

It’s dark in the rut when your eyes aren’t used to the Light, but you’ll be fine if you just hang in there, pretty soon you’ll be amazed at the view you’ve been missing from where you are now.

Have a SUPER Saturday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

SATURDAY RESOLUTION:today focus on working hard and not the end reward

4 comments:

Buttercup said...

I look to keep myself out of the rut as much as possible. It may be little activities I want to do and bigger plans, too. Hope you have a cool and relaxing day today. I'm off to exercise and then a movie in air-conditioned splendor -- and not my air conditioning!

jack69 said...

I remember when I was a kid, watching a dog or cat chase it's tail. Sometimes I think that is what I am doing.

Take care and watcht that rut. haha!
Love from NOrth carolina

Rose said...

Great Post!

Also that photo of the watermelon looks very refreshing for everyone's current high temperatures.............

TARYTERRE said...

Finding myself in a rut is a weekly occurence. But with a little creativity I dig myself out. Interesting how you describe it as going around the mountain.