It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, July 25, 2011

Chapter 7, Page 21, Book 11

My cup runneth over and laughing at myself and loving it...

MERRY MONDAY

My Cup Runneth Over is a quotation from the PSALM 23:5 and means I have more than enough for my needs though interpretations and usage may vary.

Have you had a SENIOR MOMENT lately? You know. You'll be talking along like at any other time in your life, and suddenly you can't remember the name of your best friend. Or the movie you saw last night. Or what the initials AARP stand for.

It's a sudden, embarrassing slice of silence. A senior moment. Most of us begin noticing these awkward interludes in our 50s. By 70, some of us will avoid talking altogether, not an altogether unvirtuous act. I even know younger people that have the same problem. I like to call it BRAIN BLOAT.

Brain bloat is the result of too much stuff in the head. That's why it usually takes 50 or 60 years of input before the forgetful symptoms begin manifesting. After all those years of cramming stuff into your head, it finally begins overflowing like a water glass unable to hold another drop without shedding something already there.

The BEST senior moment strategy is to just chuckle and admit, Ah, another senior moment. I don't know about you, but I have a whole bunch of numbers rolling around up there, and occaisionally they get tangled up...I have actually had to ask someone what my phone number was! I don't call myself very often, so that little bit of info gets losts in the shuffle.

Just do as I do. Live with it. Enjoy the feeling of a full and often useful brain. It just means you've got a lot of STUFF up there. My cup is filled to the brim and overflowing...

Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has yet to come. We have only today, let us begin.

Blessed Teresa of Calcutta

Have a MERRY Monday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

Monday Resolution: Live for today and don’t worry about tomorrow.

4 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Brain Bloat......love it..!!

Enjoy

jack69 said...

My cup is fulll and running over.
But the senior moments are coming more and more. I am staying behind the times. We just went looking for an alignmen shop for the motor home, we could not find it, just new highrise apartments.
"Neighbor says, Carrol's? They been closed and gone for YEARS! Huh oh!
Love from North Carolina

grammy said...

I often have this 'Brain Bloat' problem (o:
One thing that happens is writing a word...looking at it...and thinking that looks wrong...even though it is the same way you have spelled it for....umpteen years (o:

TARYTERRE said...

I had a senior moment just the other day. My husband and I had eaten out. About an hour later I was grocery shopping, getting something we needed. Then I found myself trying to decide what to have for dinner. I thought I had lost my mind. LOL