It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chapter 7, Page 21, Book 11

The more you lose of yourself, the more you gain for yourself. The more you give of yourself, the more you get more back for yourself.

THANKFUL THURSDAY

I believe that it is possible for us to be able to thank God for the missing pieces of our lives. I believe not only is it realistic, it's the only way we'll know real peace and contentment in our lives

Missing pieces are actually a blessing. because without them I might have been lulled into thinking I was self-sufficient and never seen my true needy state. I am thankful for the missing pieces and to be able to understand that those areas of emptiness and unfulfillment can become instruments of grace in my life.

We should be able to give thanks in all circumstances. if you're struggling with the missing pieces of your life, thank God for them. You may not feel thankful, but do it anyway. That's the first step we need to take in order to find fulfillment in spite of the missing pieces

The missing pieces of my life seem to grow in number as I get older. Even with all the emptiness I have in my life, I am content and find JOY in each and every moment. The search for the missing pieces takes us to some beautiful places and to some lovely things; the search makes us stop and smell the flowers, makes us pause and appreciate and admire. The missing pieces in our lives continually teach us, they speak to us and guide us.

All of us have empty places at the table, maybe from death, or from illness, or from distance; maybe from separation, or maybe from anger. Some of us hold the sadness of failed relationships, disappointments from our children or our parents or our spouses, days made more difficult because of work or illness or the fear of the unknown
Though each of us has a piece missing in our lives, we have also experienced wholeness. We have been blessed to know love, and sweetness, and joy; the tenderness of a touch or a word that has changed our lives, a closeness if even only for brief moments or few encounters. Would we have traded that if we knew it was only to be ours for short while? Would we have willingly said, Don't give me that piece if one day it will be missing.

Whether you are thankful for the missing pieces or are thankful for the abundance in your life, I hope that this Thursday finds you very THANKFUL

'On Ya' - ma

Thursday resolution: Don’t give up on the task at hand; be patient today — don’t rush anything

2 comments:

jack69 said...

Unique entry, yes we all have those missing pieces. I hope one day to fill in the blanks, if only to understand.
Love from NC
Sherry & Jack
PS
We have a new parking place haha

TARYTERRE said...

I have a great deal of emptiness in my life too. But each day I manage to fill the void. Some days it's easy, others it much harder. But like you, I find the joy in living and I am at peace with my lot in life... grateful for what I do have.