It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Chapter 7, Page 19, Book 11

Don't ever save anything for a special occasion.
Being alive is the special occasion.

Author Unknown


TERRIFIC 2's TUESDAY

Do you save things that are special to you or are precious because of value or sentiment for someday?

I do know one thing, maybe two...

I’m reading more and dusting less. I’m sitting on the deck and admiring the view without fussing about the weeds in the garden.

I’m spending more time with my family and friends and less time in committee meetings. Whenever possible, life should be a pattern of experience to savor, not endure. I’m trying to recognize these moments now and cherish them.

I’m not‘saving anything; we use our good china and crystal for every special event – such as losing a pound, getting the sink unstopped, the first camellia blossom.

I’m not saving my good perfume for special parties; clerks in hardware stores and tellers in banks have noses that function as well as my party-going friends.

Someday and one of these days are losing their grip on my vocabulary. If it’s worth seeing or hearing or doing, I want to see and hear and do it now.

I’m trying very hard not to put off, hold back, or save anything that would add laughter and luster to our lives. And every morning when I open my eyes, I tell myself that it is special. Every day, every minute, every breath truly is. . .a gift from God.

I'm finally home and I have to say it was a wonderful vacation with family but still I'm home and loving it too. When I was packing for the trip, I found some cute tank tops with the price tags still on them--I must have been saving them for exactly the right time. And I forgot about them. But I'm thinking that from now on I'm going to try use things and not save them.

I'm always putting things away for a special occasion and forgetting about them it seems.
Occasions like my vacation come up very rarely and it's such a waste to put things away and forget them.

That is my 2 for this Tuesday...some thoughts to think about and a reminder that EACH and EVERY day is a gift.

Have a TERRIFICt Tuesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma



Tuesday resolution: release the expectations you’ve placed on yourself

6 comments:

Midlife Mom said...

Amen Sister! I have learned how quickly time goes by because of how fast my grand kids are growing. When they come over I don't care if there is dust an inch thick or laundry to be folded I just leave it and play with them!!!

TARYTERRE said...

Life should be savored. Each and every moment is precious. I drink my sparking water out of wine goblets instead of regular glasses. I use cloth napkins, when I can. Little things make a day feel special. Glad you are safely home and that you're getting back into the swing of things.

Kath said...

That is so coincidental,I read this today in your blog Ma, as I have done some sorting out of my wardrobe today,to put aside a few thinsg for my vacation.I found about half a dozen items still with labels on I hadn't worn,maybe as you said, bought for a special occasion and forgotten about LOL!!Still they are going to be used now for my Sept vacation,so I have less to buy now.So happy you had a great time.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Hollie said...

I agree with you totally! I don't save anything for a special moment because I want to use it as soon as it get it.

jack69 said...

We are trying to make life a special occasion as you are referring to.

Too many times folks have planned something for later and later never came for them.

So glad you had a good time, we are back also, but hopefully not for long.

Love from North Carolina at present.

Linda :) said...

So glad you had a wonderful and safe vacation... Loved all the pictures!! :)