It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Chapter 7, Page 16, Book 11

SUPER SATURDAY



Fair Winds and Following Seas...

That was the wish made to my son upon his retirement from the military yesterday. Now one chapter of his life is over and he's embarking on a new one.

We'll be saying good bye to everyone today. Some returning to Ohio, others will be going east and west. It was a great family vacation for sure. DS#2 and his wife were wonderful hosts to all of us. To have a family this size descend upon you is not small feat. To get this many together at one time in one place was a miracle!

Many many miles both on the road and in the air for all of us to be able to be together. I hope you all will join me in prayer once again for the safety of my family as they all travel home again.


Have a SUPER Saturday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

That corgi :) said...

wishing your son the best on his retirement and his new adventures!! I am sure you will treasure the memories of this trip for a long time! Safe travels!

wonderful picture of your family Ma! Truly blessings indeed!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Godspeed. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you continue your journey home.

grammy said...

I just read about your trip and family outing and what a wonderful time it looks like. It must have been hard to get that many together. Was it a little overwhelming for you?
I love my camping vacations...I just wish no cooking was involved (o:
Prayers for safe travels.

Barb said...

Prayed for safe trips for all of you. Difficult as these reunions are, my sweet friend, I am so glad all of you made this one. Families getting together, especially when this far apart, is a real blessing. Our last family reunion was almost six years ago and due to so many health issues with all of us, it will be our last. Quite sad, not to be able to connect in person, but I am so grateful our family remains close. Take care.

jack69 said...

We all look for that admoniton, "Wishing us Fair winds and following Seas."

Many of our brothers in uniform did not live to hear it so we wish them the same at grave side.

We wish him the best in his next chosen career. And the rest of you guys safe trips home.
Love from Georgia for one more day.