It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chapter 7, Page 14, Book 11







GAS prices are going up, the economy is going down, and it seems hard to justify a vacation when many of us are glad just to have jobs. But now, more than ever, we need to take a break — a real break, not just a long weekend — from our stressed-out lives


THANKFUL THURSDAY!

I've so many things to be thankful for this week that the list could go on and on forever. Mostly I'm so very thankful for my wonderful family and especially for DS#2 as he provided us will a wonderful opportunity to gather as a family. Only DS#3 and his family are missing from the group still it is great having as many as we do have all in one place

One thing I know, maybe two is that you can never love your children too much and spoiling a child and loving a child are two different things all together.

We made it to my favorite place to be yesterday...
If you are thinking it was the BEACH you are absolutely right.

Even during a heat wave you can find a cool breeze there. Part of my family went out on a shrimp boat yesterday but not me as I do get seasick.
I did enjoy the beach though.

I hope you can find lots to be thankful for too this Thursday!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I get seasick too. Don't blame you for sitting that part of the trip, out. The beach is the perfect location to relax. Vacations are a chance to renew your spirit. Glad you and your family are having such a good time on yours.

That corgi :) said...

I bet you so enjoyed your time at the beach Ma! Great pictures!

betty

Sybil said...

I am so glad MA that you are enjoying your holiday. I agree with the poem at the start that it is important to have a real break when the days ahead might be so full of gloom and doom...Having the memory of sunny hot seaside days will fit the bill just right. Enjoy it while you can,
love Sybil xx

Hollie said...

I'm so glad you're getting to be with your family @ THE BEACH! I love the beach! Just sitting watching it in total amazement! Great pictures!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Looks like a "fun" time....

Enjoy

peggy said...

I'm glad you are having such a good time. Looks like the group is also. How exciting to go to New Orleans! Everyone who can, should take a vacation and keep those nice places open.

jack69 said...

I am sure glad you are enjoying yourself. Everyone needs a break, good that you can have so many of the family around.
Enjoy the beach and have a great time.
Love from Georgia
Sherry & jack