It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, July 11, 2011

Chapter 7, Page 11, Book 11

Find your song and sing it.

MERRY MONDAY!

Music is one of the best tools for keeping families content and entertained during a road trip. The trick is to find music that both the kids AND the parents enjoy. Here are some of my family’s favorite road trip songs

Some are vintage camp songs. I’ve Been Working on the Railroad, If You’re Happy and You Know it, Home On The Range and other old songs will bring back fond memories

Another old favorite is On Top of Spaghetti sung to the tune of Old Smokey

On top of Spaghetti
All covered with cheese
I lost my poor meatball
when somebody sneezed

This is a great chance to have a real singing marathon and learn the old classics by heart. Nothing makes families bond like singing together.


I know my son is putting a play list together to listen to as we travel. Singing as we go will help to pass the time.


Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway.

Emory Austin


While you’re bopping along to all of these good tunes, be sure to stay safe on the road. Have a Merry Monday everyone!

'On Ya' - ma


Monday resolution: think about what God has given you that makes you special, the bad along with the good

2 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I have a terrible voice but I love music. So I always have a song in my heart. Great tips for a road trip. Sing those classics and have tons of fun, MA.

That corgi :) said...

I hadn't heard some of these songs in a long time, Ma; it was great to be reminded of them! Singing does help to make the time go by quicker indeed! Hope you have reached your destination by now!

betty