It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Chapter 7, Page 10, Book 11

Slow me down Lord, ease my pounding heart,
quieten my racing mind, steady my hurried steps.

Amidst the confusion of my days, give me the calmness of the everlasting hills.
Help me to know the restoring power of sleep.

Teach me the art of taking time off, of slowing down to look at a flower,
to chat with a friend, to read a few lines from a good book.

Remind me each day that there is more to life than increasing its speed.
Let me look into the branches of a towering oak tree and know that it grew tall
and strong because it grew slowly and well.

Slow me down Lord. Teach me to be gentle and humble of heart
and thus I will find rest for my soul.

Author Unknown

R and R SUNDAY!

So often we tell children that the sky is the limit. We encourage them to do the things that they love. We have the best intentions to move them towards a meaningful and fulfilling life

Each of us, once upon a time, was that child. In life, our experiences are the sum of many short and long chapters that create a series of novels for the future to read. Our greatest acts occur in the moments that we follow through on a promise, show kindness to strangers, step up to assist someone, or speak up in the face of inappropriateness. We shine when we accomplish the one thing we’ve been aiming to accomplish for so long

Still, our finest moments get shrouded in the shadow of our everyday chores. We forget our worth and lose ourselves yet again in moments that hold little worth.

Be inspired. Now is the time to remember that you have been released to the world holding within you seeds of hope and aspiration. No matter your age, your seeds still have the ability to blossom into greatness.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared with what lies within us.

Oliver Wendall Holmes

I hope this Sunday is one that you can enjoy lots of that wonderful R and R that we all need in order to refresh and renew ourselves for the week ahead. As always you all are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep my family in yours as we travel.

'On Ya'-ma

Sunday resolution: Take time today to nuture your spirit. Spend time on things that you enjoy doing and allow grace and love to flow through you

4 comments:

jack69 said...

We are taking a short trip about a 100 miles up the road to have lunch with our son, who is working temporarily in Greensboro, NC.

For some reason I cannot think this morning and want to go back to bed. hahaha

Enjoy your Sunday, it is a beautiful day here.
Love from NC
Sherry & Jack

That corgi :) said...

I like that, Ma, "No matter your age, your seeds still have the ability to blossom into greatness."

Those are so very true and wise words. And greatness to one is different than greatness to another, but using our gifts (seeds) to God's glory is something I think we need to keep focused on even in the mundane of day to day life, chores, work, etc. The gift of a smile, a kind encouraging word, talents, etc we can't lose sight of indeed!

Good thoughts to think about on this day of rest!!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

"Our finest moments get shrouded in the shadow of our everyday chores." This quote touched my heart. I really, really like it. It rings so true, in my life. Have a safe trip. You'll be in my prayers.

Hollie said...

Great entry! I have had a wonderful weekend! We got a little rain every day. It's been so nice & refreshing. Everything looks revived!