It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, July 01, 2011

Chapter 7, Page 1, Book 11

THE ART OF GETTING ALONG

Sooner or later, wise people discover that life is a mixture of good days and bad, victory and defeat, give and take.

They learn that it doesn't pay to be a sensitive soul - that they should let some things go over their heads like water off a duck's back.

They learn that whoever loses his/her temper usually loses.

They learn that all persons have burnt toast for breakfast now and then, and that they shouldn't take the other individuals grouch too seriously.

They learn that the quickest way to become unpopular is to carry tales and gossip about others.

They learn that most people are human and that it doesn't do any harm to smile and say good morning even if it is raining.

They learn that it doesn't matter so much who gets the credit so long as the business shows a profit.

They come to realize that the business could run along perfectly without them.

They learn that no one person ever got to first base alone and it is only through cooperative effort that we move on to better things.

They learn that their co-workers are not any harder to get along with in one place than another, and that GETTING ALONG depends about 98% on themselves.

anonymous

FANTASTIC FRIDAY!

This Friday really is a fantastic one for me. #1 I'm getting my hair cut. It's been awhile since I was able to get that done but DD is taking me as she also has an appointment today, so finally I'll get the mop trimmed up. I need shorter hair for the warmer weather.

DS#5 and his family are camping with us this coming weekend so they've offered to give me a ride to the camper too. I miss being there much this summer so I'm thankful that I'll have a ride.

I really have decided that I am ready to drive again, but finding a reliable vehicle for the money I have to spend will not be easy so that is the next step for me.

Lessons have been learned because of my accident and this time without a car. One thing that was really impressed upon me was the fact that we are not to be afraid. If fear is holding you back from something, remember that the most frequently given command in the Bible is DO NOT BE AFRAID.

I knew that all along, but I guess I needed a refresher course.

What ever our fears are, that is what we'll be tested with. My test was not about the fear of driving, but was all about my desire not to have to depend on others, but I have had to and it was a good thing to find out I didn't need to feel afraid of that. Don't be afraid, but with faith and trust live your days to the fullest. We need to live our faith from day to day, using this simple value system as a guide for our lives.

I hope and pray that your Friday is a FANTASTIC one. One that you too will be able to free yourself from fear and step forward in faith.

'On Ya'-ma


Friday resolution: have faith to believe the unbelievable


6 comments:

jack69 said...

Some folk never become wise, the grope striking out at everyone around them and make their lives even more miserable.

Enjoy the weekend at the camper, and especially with some of the family.

Glad you feel confident about driving. hopefully the right buy, will come up.

That corgi :) said...

love the new header picture Ma! So appropriate for summer months!! It is July already!

glad you will get your hair trimmed today; I know I like shorter hair for summer too

I'm sure you will enjoy camping this weekend with your family!

Wise move to decide that you are ready to drive again. I would imagine with time the right vehicle will become available to you that will fit within your budget. It is hard to depend on people or have to ask for help, but it is neat that you have a group of family and friends available to ask for help as needed. I know you have probably helped out plenty over the years and continue to do so!

have a great weekend camping!

betty

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Enjoy your "camping" holiday and the 4th, too...!!

Ally Lifewithally said...

Ma enjoy your weekend ~ Ally x

TARYTERRE said...

Fear has been holding me back since my accident. I don't want to travel. I will heed the words you cited and try to change. I'm glad to hear you are going to try to get a car. It will give you the freedom to do more things. Have a wonderful time camping this weekend.

Buttercup said...

Good luck on finding an affordable car that will meet your needs. Have a wonderful fun weekend with family!