It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, June 09, 2011

Chapter 6, Page 9, Book 11

He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.

Epictetus


Thankful Thursday

Give Thanks. Rejoice and be glad.

We don't often realize the rejoicing that can release so much power. It can be just as simple as smiling and laughing, having a good time, and enjoying ourselves. And doing that in itself often makes the problem go away! Thankfulness lifts you up above your circumstances. When we are thankful we cannot help but be happy.

If you find yourself giving in to negativity, you are selling yourself short. The moment you feel the slightest twinge of a negative thought, stop and remind yourself how powerful you are.

Nothing rankles more than showing kindness or generosity to someone who doesn't appreciate it. Giving thanks goes far beyond mere politeness, the value of giving thanks is nothing less than the key to happiness.
All happy people are grateful, and ungrateful people cannot be happy. We tend to think that it is being unhappy that leads people to complaining, but it is true to say that that if you are grateful you will become a much happier person.

I am thankful for so many things this week. I am thankful for the family I've been entrusted with, I am thankful for the roof over all our heads, and the food we have given. I'm thankful that everyone has work for their hands and have everything they need. I am thankful for my friends that have been put in my path and for the future friends that will come my way, I am thankful that I have another day. ..

There is just so much to be thankful for. Take the time out to say what you are thankful for the day that God gave to you.

Be encouraged today and stop what you are doing and rejoice always in the Lord, hold your head up high and be glad about life and the many blessings we receive each and every day. Learn to laugh,relax and know that God is with you. Life becomes much less threatening, laughter lightens our load and lifts our hearts

Carpe Diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.

Horace

I hope this Thursday is one that you are THANKFUL for too. Plug in to your power. It can bring about more than you might possibly imagine.

'On Ya'-ma

Thursday resolution: make it a point to share with somebody something you appreciate about them. Give thanks. It's a wonderful gift

4 comments:

grammy said...

I will rejoice....and be thankful...
I guess we do often forget to do that...sorry God.
It is 50 and rainy here today. Sorry if you are hot (o:
Yesterday I was over at the Grands house and they were playing with a neighbor boy about six years old. he has an inoperable brian tumor. His Mom just found out she has a lump....Then I look at my kids and families and just have to say Thank you God!!!

Please pray for my son to get a call from the Fairplay Police department saying he has the job (o:

That corgi :) said...

Everything spoke to me in this post of your's, Ma, but I especially liked this:

Be encouraged today and stop what you are doing and rejoice always in the Lord, hold your head up high and be glad about life and the many blessings we receive each and every day. Learn to laugh,relax and know that God is with you. Life becomes much less threatening, laughter lightens our load and lifts our hearts


That is a powerful mission statement to try to live our lives with!! I'm going to try to remember this and live like this from this point forward! thanks for your wise words!!

betty

Ally Lifewithally said...

Thankyou for some lovely words ~ and I hope your Thursday is a blessed one ~ Ally x

jack69 said...

Great post. Thanks for the quote of Epictetus, have copied it for my son!

The best to you and love from NC