It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Chapter 6, Page 7, Book 11

TERRIFIC 2'S TUESDAY!

I saw this advice for graduates recently and thought it was good advice for all of us so I'm sharing this today:

Don't undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others. It is because we are different that each of us is special.

Don't set your goals by what other people deem important. Only you know what is best for you.

Don't take for granted the things closest to your heart. Cling to them as you would your life for without them life is meaningless.

Don't let your life slip through your fingers. By living your life one day at a time you live all the days of your life.

Don't give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.

Don't be afraid to admit that you are less than perfect. It is the fragile thread that binds us to each other.

Don't be afraid to encounter risks. It is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave.

Don't shut love out of your life by saying it's impossible to find. The quickest way to receive love is to give love, the fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly and the best way to keep love is to give it wings.

Don't dismiss your dreams. To be without dreams is to be without hope and to be without hope is to be without purpose.

Don't run through life so fast that you forget not only where you've been but also where're going. Life is not a race but a journey to be savoured each step of the WAY.

Graduation from high school or college is an exciting time . I remember how full of dreams I was at my own graduation. I experienced the expectations of my own children when they graduated . Sometimes we need to relive those times just to see how far we've come from that moment to this one.

How things change over the years. Many wind up doing completely different things than they originally thought they'd do. I've seen it in my own children time and again.

My dreams were fulfilled just about the way I wanted them to. The only glitch was in the fact that I lost my husband early on in my life and that part really did change a lot of things for me.

I've always wanted to be a mom and that part came true. I wanted to be married to the man of my dreams and certainly that part came true too. I didn't count on having to be a single mom and having to raise children on my own. I didn't count on having to work for a lot of years till I could retire either. I wanted to be a housewife taking care of my home and family. I always considered this to be my career and did most everything I could to be a good one too.

Life changes things for all of us but I think the advice given above could help anyone live a fuller and more joyful life no matter how things turn out.

Life is not a race but a journey to be savoured each step of the WAY.

That's my 2 for this Tuesday! Advice and life...Have a TERRIFIC Tuesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

TUESDAY RESOLUTION: Live in the moment today and try not to worry or stress about what is going to occur in your future

4 comments:

Hollie said...

Thank you for sharing the list! I agree we all can benefit from it if we will just follow it! It's another hot & dry day here in Ga. I'm praying we get some rain soon!!

That corgi :) said...

I like your resolution again, Ma, and that advice for graduates; that is something to print out and keep by to look at again and again. It is true that sometimes life doesn't work out the way we think and plan, especially when we are young and we think we have so much ahead of us and time to do what we want, but it is an interesting journey and a good journey if we allow ourselves to go with it and do the best we can with what we have to work with. I know my mom's deepest desire was like yours, to be a housewife and be at home raising her kids, but she was a young widow too.

I think you have raised great kids from what you write about them and I know whatever paths they are on in their own lives you support them as you can!

enjoy your Tuesday!

betty

grammy said...

Nice list and all. You always have great advice. It is nice to be back and check on everyones blog. (o:
Hot and windy here.

jack69 said...

quote:


Don't run through life so fast that you forget not only where you've been but also where're going. Life is not a race but a journey to be savoured each step of the WAY. uquote

Something have had in the past, trouble with. I think I now understand that statement.

Love from NC