It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, June 06, 2011

Chapter 6, Page 6, Book 11

You cannot stop the sun from setting. Yet you can prepare yourself to make the very most of the new day that comes when the sun surely rises again.

Ralph Marston


MERRY MONDAY!

I spent this past weekend at home and we were blessed with some very nice weather. It got pretty hot for us here in northern Ohio. We've had so many cool days so far this Spring that when anything over 80 degrees hits us I tend to wilt.

Saturday evening brought some storms to part of our state but not here where I live. It is actually starting to dry out a bit from all the rain we've had. That is a good thing for sure.

As you know, I've been caring for my youngest grandson and this week will be the last of that for me. His mom has the summer off from work and will be home with him . I'm happy for her because I know she wants to spend more time with him, but I sure will miss seeing so much of him.

Anyway today will be a happy one with lots of smiles and hugs as Mr Wonderful will be here yet today and tomorrow.

If I'm not camping and if I don't have any of my family around visiting, most of the time I'm on my own so I love the days that I do have them. I have lots to be doing outside as well as in here at home though, so it will be good to get things done in the quiet days ahead.

The Value of a Smile

A Smile is nature's best antidote for discouragement.

It brings rest to the weary,

Sunshine to those who are frowning,

And hope to those who are hopeless and defeated.

Smile is so valuable that it can't be bought

Begged, borrowed, or taken away against your will.

You have to be willing to give a Smile away,

Before it can do anyone else any good.

So, if someone is too tired or grumpy to flash you a Smile,

Let him have one of yours anyway.

Nobody needs a Smile as much,

As the person who has none to give....

Smile your smile for today...

Pass it on to someone...

Who needs some sunshine on a cloudy day...

Remember,No matter how bad it seems at the time,

It shall pass in a few moments,

And.....

A Smile is simply a frown upside down...

So, stand on your head and look in the mirror...

Once you see how silly you look... a frown turns into Smile...

Author Unknown
Have a MERRY Monday everyone!

'On Ya' - ma


Monday resolution: Take some time today to open your awareness to those around you

4 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Happy Monday..!!

That corgi :) said...

that will be nice for your little grandson to be at home with his mom for the summer, but I know you will miss your special time with him; glad you did have that opportunity though! There always does seem to be something to do, doesn't there? Our housework/yard work never seems to get done, but then it keeps us busy and out of trouble :)

enjoy your day with your grandson!

betty

Hollie said...

I know you will miss Mr. Wonderful! I sure wish we could get some of your rain! It's so hot & dry here! Our grass has already started turning brown!

jack69 said...

You definitely cannot put a price on a SMLE!'

Love ya!