It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, June 05, 2011

Chapter 6, Page 5, Book 11

None of us really changes over time.
We only become more fully what we are.
Anne Rice

When I take the time to think about it, Sundays do help me to become more fully what I am. This is the day for me to rest and relax, renew and restore! I may think I'm good, but I am so much better after this day.

I'm still the same person but having had my resurge of energy and realignment of my thoughts I can do things better than ever. The days when I found that I was tired out on Monday were the days that I did way too much on a Sunday.

I want to be refreshed in order to start the new week ahead off just right.

Plan your work and work your plan... it's as simple as that!!

As I sit sipping the good coffee, I can plan out what needs to be done in the coming week, but I won't try to do it today.

On my to do list for today is the decision to be grounded in the Word. This is my number ONE. Without this, I have no foundation on which to build---without this, I build my house on the sand. This means that I live for the LORD, listen to Him, wait on Him.

I need the simplicity of this day to restore not only my body but my soul too.

Delight in Simple Things

Learn to like what doesn’t cost too much.

Learn to like reading, conversation, music.

Learn to like plain food, plain service, plain cooking.

Learn to like fields, trees, brooks, hiking, rowing, climbing hills.

Learn to like people, even though some of them may be different from you.

Learn to like to work and enjoy the satisfaction of doing your job as well as it can be done.

Learn to like the songs of birds, the companionship of dogs.

Learn to like gardening, puttering around the house, and fixing things.

Learn to like the sunrise and sunset, the beating of rain on the roof and windows, and the gentle fall of snow on a winter day.

Learn to keep your wants simple, and refuse to be controlled by the likes and dislikes of others


Lowell B. Bennion

Sunday resolution: Remember
You are the he♥rt of your home... be sweet to your family
They need you

I hope your Sunday is restful and refreshing. You all are in my thoughts and prayers always!

'On Ya'-ma

3 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I agree with you, Ma, we need to be grounded in the Word, otherwise we are definitely on sinking sand! It is always good to take one day a week to just sit and be still and rest! I hope you enjoy your day of rest and restoration!

betty

Ally Lifewithally said...

It is always good to have one special day to just rest and gather your thoughts ~ and Sunday is just the day to do that ~ I hope you ejoyed your day of rest ~ Ally x

jack69 said...

Sundays are important, I think they are even to the ones who do not realize it is THE DAY for the R&R as you describe it.

Glad you are in greats spirits and did have that R&R day!

Love from NC
jack & Sherry in NC