It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, June 04, 2011

Chapter 6, Page 4, Book 11

It’s only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth – and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up, we will then begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had.

Elisabeth Kubler-Ross


I’m sure we could all relate stories about stuff we have spent hours doing which turned out to be a complete waste of time. Wasting time has to be one of the biggest problems in anyone’s life. The problem is that too many of us have no idea what is important and so we waste time on what other people think is important.

We assume that a sense of urgency means that something must be important.

We want to know what to do.

Sometimes we stay in a place too long. But I think the greater loss happens in those times we quit too soon. And we live with this nagging sense of what if? What if I’d persevered one more year, one more month, one more day?

Knowing when to stop and when to keep on keeping on is a crucial life lesson: I must do all I can do. Then trust God will do what only He can do.

I hope your Saturday is a SUPER one! Fill your days with activities that are truly worthy of you. Create a SUPER life for yourself. Have a wonderful day and may you make the most of your precious time.

'On Ya'-ma

Saturday resolution: Throughout today ask yourself the question of everything you do: Is this important?

5 comments:

peggy said...

Good thoughts this morning Ma. Some I really needed to make a decision in these next few weeks. It is a gorgeous morning in Michigan, I appreciate it so much.

That corgi :) said...

good advice, Ma. Time is a commodity and we only get so much of it; I'm reminded of that Scripture from psalm 90:12;
Teach us to number our days alright that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

enjoy your day!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Quitting too soon has always been my problem. I can't tell you how many opportunities were lost because I didn't hang in there a little longer. So this was excellent advice.

Buttercup said...

Good thoughts and good comments! It's a beautiful day in New York. Started the day with services, seeing friends and now making some order in my apartment. Blog visiting next!

jack69 said...

Always a good entry with good advice. Hope you are having a great time. Summer has made it full force down here. We are chugging along. We have decided not to settle down. We will rent the newly remodeled house to our son mark, and that way we will have a home base for the motor home anyway!
Take care and God Bless.
I have been having to comment as anon, will see how this goes.