It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Chapter 6, Page 30, Book 11

Rejoice and be Glad in the Day

Thankful Thursday!

It's important to be appreciative of the little things so that you can enjoy life to the fullest. If the bad news in life begins to weigh you down, you will always tip the scales in your favor when you begin to count your blessings.

This week ... I'm thankful for those I love, for the nurturing family I have

for yesterday's memories as they are there to enlighten me

for beautiful sunrises and sunsets, they mean I've enjoyed the gift of another day

for the good health I have and that of my family too

for the good advice I've received and will now follow

for the battles I've lost as they were precious lessons

for the wonderful SMILES I receive each day

for life rediscovered through the eyes of my children and grand children

for the renewed energy that summer brings

I am thankful for every single second I have, for this is all any of us really have.

For these and all my many blessings I am so truly thankful.

I hope your Thursday is one in which you can be THANKFUL too.

'On Ya'-ma

Thursday resolution: Be content with what God gives you. Be discontent with what you give God

5 comments:

Hollie said...

Feeling really blessed & thankful this morning! I hope you have a wonderful day!

TARYTERRE said...

Indeed life is full of things, big and small, to be thankful for. And I love this quote of yours..."If the bad news in life begins to weigh you down, you can always tip the scales in your favor when you begin to count your blessings." I'm counting mine this morning. Have a GOOD day.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Today i'm thankful for all my blogging friends...!!

Hugs.....LindaMay

That corgi :) said...

I like your resolution for today, Ma. I was just reading in the Bible the other day about being content with what we have, no matter how small, no matter how much because it is all wonderful gifts from our father!

always refreshing to read your list of thanksful, to be reminded of how blessed we are!

betty

grammy said...

wonderful (o:
is it finally warm there???
going camping?
we are this weekend.