It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Chapter 6, Page 28, Book 11

If Friends Were Flowers
I'd Pick You!


TERRIFIC 2'S TUESDAY!

We have lots blooming in our flower garden here at my house. My all time favorite is my rose bush that blooms continually until the frosts of November finally freeze it out. It has grown in leaps and bounds and continues to delight me every day.

The day lilies are blooming and the sweet peas have climbed the trellis once more in the back of the house and are blooming! The little hummers just love them. And not to be forgotten are the delicate little coral bells are blooming too.

If you remember my giant mum plants from last fall you'll be interested to know they wintered over in my garage and have grown quite a bit. I keep pinching them off so they won't bloom until hopefully late September or early October. The Rose of Sharon bushes are full of buds too, so I imagine it won't be long until they are blooming.
We do have lots of perennials here and few annuals. That saves us a lot of time and money and gives lots of enjoyment throughout the growing season. That season is usually April through late October. Depends on the frosts.

Garden tip: When you plant flowers a good rule of thumb is to plant 3 or more of each variety in a clump. Perennials usually show up best when planted in clumps or groups of plants of the same variety.

June is going by in a mad flurry. I think for the most part it's been a good month so far for me. If the summer continues to fly by as fast as June has I should be approaching 80 before my next birthday.

Friends are like flowers each unique in their own way, put them all together what a wonderful bouquet.

Friends are like flowers they do brighten your day.

They grow, bloom, and die. Not all friends can be your friend forever, They always change in someway

Just like my flower garden, my garden of friends has grown larger in my lifetime. Some I've nurtured from seedings to form unbreakable roots, some are new and will need some tender nurturing in order for our friendship to last.

In the language of flowers, the vibrant zinnia symbolizes absent friends, lasting affection and daily remembrance. Some of our most exciting moments in life come when we take on opportunities to move to new homes, new neighborhoods, new cities and new states. Saying goodbye to trusted friends, however, can be difficult. Don't forget the ones who knew you when

Our fondest memories often involve people we knew as children and loved like siblings. Dressing up dolls, jumping rope, playing hopscotch were the joys best experienced with friends. Hyacinths represent games, frivolity and playful joy. Do you still have hyacinths in your garden? Let your oldest friends know that you remember and value that playful joy you shared.

In a stressful work environment is there anything more valuable than a good friend? Often, we spend more time with the people in our workplaces than with other friends in our social lives. Petunias say your presence soothes me. Show thanks to your work friends for being in your corner. Petunias may be small, but their soothing presence can mean the world

Wisteria flowers represent a willingness to welcome spontaneity into your life. It's always good to have some growing. It's not always easy to make new friends when we become adults, sometimes we have to seek them out. Look for opportunities to let new friends and acquaintances introduce you to new experiences.


It takes a long time to grow an old friend.

John Leonard

That is my 2 for this TERRIFIC Tuesday. Flowers and friendships. 2 beautiful things in my life!

Have a TERRIFIC Tuesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

Tuesday resolution: Take some photos so you know summer wasn't a figment of your imagination

3 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Interesting to hear what the flowers represent. I liked that. I LOVE perennials because they come back year after year. Have a GOOD day.

That corgi :) said...

I like your Tuesday 2s, Ma. And I like how you incorporated flowers with friends; noting similarities between flowers and the types of friends we have. Like flowers that need to be cultivated, friendships too need to be cultivated and worked on indeed! I bet it is very pretty in your neck of the woods these days! It is good to hear too that the rose sticks around as long as it can before the cold weather descends. It is good to have that beauty as the cool days come on.

This month did fly by!

betty

jack69 said...

Good solid statement Ma!

Friends are like Flowers. Yes in many ways. Many flowers give me a pleasant feeling just looking and smelling. Friends do the same just by thinking of them.

Love from NC