It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, June 27, 2011

Chapter 6, Page 27, Book 11

Looking forward to things is half the pleasure of them.

Lucy Maud Montgomery


MERRY MONDAY!

Here we are with a new week ahead of us again. I always love new beginnings. Last week is over and done with and today I'm starting off fresh. Today with all it's possibilities is a clean slate and what I do determines whether it'll be a good one or not.

Mondays tend to be my planning day of the week. I like to take some time to think about what I need get done and then prioritize what I'll do first. I always keep in mind that what I plan rarely happens so I've learned to be very flexible too.

When I draw up my daily lists of tasks I refuse to see it as stuff I have to get done. When I did that in the past, I’d feel a sense of dissatisfaction at the end of the day when I didn’t have everything ticked off, despite the fact that I knew when I wrote it, it was highly unlikely I’d get to everything. Now I write a THINGS I COULD DO list.

My computer has a calendar on it and I list everything I hope to get done this week on it. Things like laundry, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning out the book shelves, getting items ready for the 4th of July camping, preparing some things ahead for the weekend and last but not least I'm finally going to be able to get a hair cut on Friday.

I have planned things I want to do for the weekend ahead but I really don't know at this point if I'm going to the camper or not. Meanwhile I'll make my plans and then see what happens. It's better to be prepared than not.

Last week I planned to get out for a morning walk each day and there was not one morning when it was not raining or threatening to rain so that didn't happen. What I found myself doing was not half as much fun so this week I'm planning some things that will be more productive. It's always important to dangle a carrot or two to make your work more fun.

I hope your Monday is a MERRY one there at your house. It'll be a happy one for me as I work towards the weekend.

'On Ya'-ma


Monday's resolution: No matter what the weather, bring your own sunshine.


6 comments:

That corgi :) said...

good idea to plan like you do, Ma, realizing there will be distractions or other things that might prevent things from happening. But getting it down on paper is good at least to see what needs to be done or what you want to have done! I bet you are looking forward to the camping weekend!

betty

Ally Lifewithally said...

Ma I hope you Monday is a Pleasant one ~ and you get to go for some nice long walks ~ Ally x

grammy said...

you make me wish I was a list maker (o:
sounds like you are good at planning ahead
I need to be better at it.
have a great week.

peggy said...

Just changing that "have-to-do" to "could-do" would sure make me feel better. It was nice to visit you today.

Midlife Mom said...

I am a list maker and take great satisfaction in crossing off the things on that list. I find I get more done with a list but don't make one every day, just days when I am going to be out doing errands. I try to do them in order so that it doesn't take as much gasoline. :o)

jack69 said...

Ah ha, a new idea, things I might do, could be mine!!!

I like the options. U B Smart!
Ahhhh the dream of every lady, time for the hair dresser!!!

Hope aoo is well and you had a good day, I am late getting around tonight.