It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Chapter 6, Page 25, Book 11

Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn't stop to enjoy it.

William Feather

SUPER SATURDAY!

Frequently in our lives, perhaps everyday, we encounter red flags warning us of potential problems or accidents. We may not always recognize the signs. For most of us, our intuition runs on autopilot. We don't even think about it until it pops up a red flag

Red flags often come in the form of feelings urging us to pause for a moment, listen to our intuition, and reconsider. We may even experience a bad feeling in our bellies. This is a red flag letting us know that there may be a problem. Most of us walk around in a mental fog. We have so much on our minds on a daily basis, it's no wonder we miss intuitive impressions much of the time. But they can mean the difference between life and death, or security and danger, or smart decisions and foolish ones.

We may try to ignore the red flags waving our way, dismissing our unease as illogical. Yet it is always in our best interest to pay attention to them. Your intuition is your quiet inner voice. It helps you make decisions, gives you direction and acts as your guide.

As we accumulate knowledge, we begin to recognize patterns. Our brain unconsciously organizes these patterns into blocks of information then stores these clusters of knowledge in your long-term memory. When we see a tiny detail of a familiar design, we instantly recognize the larger composition, and that's what we regard as a flash of intuition.

Red flags are intended with our best interests at heart. No harm can ever come from stopping long enough to heed a red flag. Pay attention to any red flags that pop up. I like to think as my intuition as my guardian angel sending me an important message or thought.

I try to be positive and optimistic and often give myself the gift of some quiet time so that my intuition can do what it is supposed to do. To make better choices in what I do and say. I know that giving myself some space and time, the answers come to be without work.

Today is going to be another one of those quiet days here and it will be a SUPER one. I hope you all have a SUPER Saturday too.

'On Ya'-ma

Saturday resolution: pray for joy on the journey, wherever it leads

6 comments:

Kathy said...

That is some great advice. I tend to ignore those little red flags at times and end up regretting it. I hope you have a good weekend.

TARYTERRE said...

So true about happiness. We don't stop to enjoy what we have. Happiness is staring us right in the face. And taking a few moments to pay heed to intuitive feelings could change our lives. But you're right... so much is going on in our daily lives, we might miss that red flag. We must pay attention. Have a GREAT Saturday.

Sonya said...

Good entry. The Lords spirit within us is like that too. I try to listen for his voice and counseling. Thank you for your entry. Hope you are having fun camping.

That corgi :) said...

Definitely agree with you Ma about red flags and listening and pausing sometimes before acting. I do get that funny feeling in my stomach at times. Always good too to be sensitive to listening to where God wants to lead us to or away from!

I hope your Saturday was a good one!

betty

Buttercup said...

Sometimes I don't slow down enough to even begin to listen to those gentle (or not so gentle!) inner thoughts. I always try to go with my gut, as the inner feeling is telling me something I need to listen to. Hope you had a super Saturday. So glad that our paths cross in Blogland!

jack69 said...

Late reading entries tonight. I hope your Saturday was Super and most of all hope your Sunday is Superb.

God is good, and it is great to be alive. We have been to Sherry's 55th HS reunion. Wow are we really old enough for that?

Love from NC