It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, June 24, 2011

Chapter 6, Page 24, Book 11


Even worse than raining cats and dogs is hailing taxicabs

FANTASTIC FRIDAY!

Many everyday events are unavoidable and beyond our power to control. Things like taxes you can complain about, but that doesn’t make them go away. Traffic jams happen, especially, it seems, when you’re running late. Bad haircuts are a part of life and happen to all of us.

Circumstances will present themselves as roadblocks, but if you want it badly enough, you will triumph. It seems that all winter I waited for spring and then I waited for summer and it is now here. The weather seems to bring us nothing but lots of rain. When we do get those rare and sunny days I'm very thankful but it's made a huge dent in my gratitude stash.

Speaking of dents we had some of the worst hail storms I've ever experienced too. They've even set up a special place for cars to go that have had hail damage. I'd never seen golf ball size hail till this spring. It wasn't as big as a taxi cab, but still it did a lot of damage to a lot of cars.

My road blocks to summer seem to be the fact that I don't have a car, and still don't know if I ever want one, and the weather. We can't do much about the weather and the truth is there's not much I can do about getting another car either. If I got one it won't be as nice as the one I had...but that is water under the bridge too.

I try not to let either of these circumstance get me down. I've found that when you stop stewing over uncontrollable situations, you keep the vital energy you need to maintain a healthier, happier and in-balance you.

I go when I can and I enjoy what I have. There is much to be said for being able to be contented in whatever circumstances we find ourselves in. Sooo I'm hoping to break though some of my barriers today and have a FANTASTIC FRIDAY!

I hope your day is a FANTASTIC one too!

'On Ya'-ma

Friday resolution: Beware of stretching the truth. It could snap back at you. Honesty will keep your day going right, all day long.

5 comments:

jack69 said...

It's Friday, I'm alive, the sun is up, That is fantastic!

Good one!

That corgi :) said...

I like what Jack said, LOL.

I agree with you Ma, good not to stew on what can't be changed but to enjoy what you do have! I haven't seen golf size hail either; but I can see why it would be damaging to vehicles with dents!

Hoping more sunny days than rain are in your forecast over the next few weeks

betty

Ally Lifewithally said...

Hope you get a lot of nice sunny days so you can go to your Camper ~ we had Hail here but they were not as big as golf balls ~ but big enough to make it very cold ~ Ally x

grammy said...

wow...
that's some big hail
the weather has been crazy for sure
today it is hot and feels like summer...finally
I do hope you will get a car...once you give it up... you won't go back to it. I hate to drive outside of this town...and that does clip my wings. I have lots of people to take me when I need to go.
Finally got here and caught up (o:

TARYTERRE said...

Sunny days are rare around here too. But you summed it up with the phrase you coined... "it's made a huge dent in my gratitude stash." Me too! Can't dwell on it, though. Got to take these days as they come. I hope you can get another car in the not so distant future. Then you'll have the freedom to come and go as necessary. It tough being dependent on others for your transportation.