It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Chapter 6, Page 2, Book 11

Blessings!

The unexpected kindness
from an unexpected place
A hand outstretched in friendship
a smile on someone's face
A word of understanding
spoken in an hour of trial
Are unexpected miracles
that make life more worthwhile--
We know not how it happened
that in an hour of need
Somebody out of nowhere
proved to be a friend indeed
For God has many messengers
we fail to recognize
But He sends them when we need them
for His ways are wondrous wise
So keep looking for an angel
and keep listening to hear--
For on life's busy crowded streets
you will find God's presence near

Helen Steiner Rice


Thankful Thursday!

This week I'm counting my blessings as usual. I've had a wonderful holiday weekend and now a week that has been pleasantly ordinary.

The many many blessings in my life are like the cup that overflows. Family and friends have blessed me over and over with their love and support. I do believe in angels and it's true they are everywhere!

The weather here is just beautiful and we've actually had no rain for several days now.

It's been so warm that I had to turn the a/c on and I'm thankful indeed that it does still work. It's getting old now like me and everything else in my house.

I'm thankful for the these and all my blessings. I hope your Thursday is one that you can be THANKFUL for too.

'On Ya'-ma


Thursday resolution: Don’t be resentful of your responsibilities. Instead, be thankful for your abilities.

4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I believe in ANGELS too. I have so much to be thankful for, that I couldn't make a list that long. Have a GOOD day.

Midlife Mom said...

I just love Helen Steiner Rice! She has wonderful heartfelt poems!!!

I too am thankful for sunshine this week. Seems so good to be outside digging in the dirt and planting some flowers. And of course the ever present weeding but even that seemed nice! :o)

Have been running my air conditioning too as it has been humid. We had tornado warnings yesterday for a few hours but thankfully only got thunder storms. We NEVER get tornadoes so that was a surprise to see the warnings on the tv weather report! All is well so I am very thankful!!! Great post as always!!!! xoxox

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Angels are here in the high country today and it's a beautiful...but hot....day...!!

Enjoy

That corgi :) said...

I like your resolution for today, Ma. That is another good one!! It is so neat to read about friends and family blessing you with support, but I am sure you have supported many too in the past and will continue to support as you can in the days ahead!! how neat to finally get warm enough weather for the A/C! You'll have to mark that down on your calendar to remember in the cold winter months when it was warm this past summer to look forward to it again after the next winter! We are having our usual cool June weather, clouds in the morning and evenings. We are living closer to the ocean now so we might be able to get away without an A/C unit this year; we'll see.

I hope you have a great day!

betty