It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Chapter 6, Page 16, Book 11

THANKFUL THURSDAY

When things are looking gloomy, not only is it a good idea to seek out moments of gratitude, I think that it is a critical practice for those of you who are seeking a better today and a joyful life.

At any moment there are these two worlds available to us; one where there is joy and beauty and soooo many things to be grateful for, and one wrought with lack and resentment, fear and disappointment. Being grateful when things feel uncomfortable or just downright miserable can feel difficult at first, but, if for a moment, you will put aside your concerns and your complaints and look at what you have, I suspect that you will find gratitude just around the corner

The world is an amazing place. The wonders are uncountable in any normal lifetime, surely you and I can find enough to appreciate to spend one day being grateful! While you are intentionally looking for gratitude, you just might accidentally fall in love with your life.

And everyone knows, that is when things start to get REALLY exciting!

This week I've many things to be thankful for. As always I'm thankful for my family, friends, home, food, health and enough of everything that I need.

I'm thankful for the warmer days and some sunny ones when the occur.

I'm thankful too that while I'm still without transportation my own, there are a few wonderful people that take me for groceries and to the camper now and then. I don't get there often anymore but I'm thankful for the days I can be there.

I'm thankful for these and all my many blessings! I hope that your Thursday is one that you can find many things to be thankful for too!

'On Ya'-ma



THURSDAY RESOLUTION: I will renew my gratitude daily

5 comments:

Hollie said...

You are right we can chose to be unhappy or happy. It's up to us! I'm like you I'm so thankful for all my blessings large & small. I'm not worthy of any of them, but I'm so thankful that God loves me & shows my life favor! God is so good!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Good Morning!!
Thanks for today's post.....we've been having a little "Pity Party" around here lately and i needed your wisdom....

Enjoy

That corgi :) said...

I like that, Ma, I will renew my gratitude today. That is a good resolution. It is true that we can pick our path by whether we are grateful for even the small things or dwell on the big things that we don't like and build up resentment, etc. It is a good reminder to be thankful for so much in our lives and concentrate on that more than what we can't change, etc. Very wise words again Ma!

It is neat to hear that others are helping you with your transportation issues but I know its been hard to not have that freedom you once had. Yet I know despite that you are being grateful for the blessings in your life. Wonderful testimony indeed!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

It must be so-oo difficult not to have a car. I'm glad you have good people to help. I never take anything for granted. I'm grateful for everything I have.

jack69 said...

Wow it is Thursday already? Amazing how fast time passes. No matter what, I am thankful for a good life and pleasant surroundings.

Also just read about the e-mail being hacked. Happening a lot now. Friend Evelyn also just had it happen!

Love from our mountains.