It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Chapter 6, Page 15, Book 11



Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.

Hans Christian Anderson



Summer living - WONDERFUL Wednesday

Summer is my season, so for me, it’s hard to come up with ANYTHING less than wonderful to say.

Ah....life in the slow lane is wonderful. Sometimes, it’s the really simple things that can bring the most joy, don’t you think?

Going out for an ice-cream cone on a summer evening is one of my favorite things. Most of the time I go out on the patio with a cone I had in the freezer, but still it does taste good.

Summer is a time for enjoying the simple pleasures in life. Anyone who knows anything about me knows that READING BOOKS is my all time, all year favorite pastime and pleasure. No one ever has to force me to pick up a book or go into a library or bookstore!

And, as the seasons of the year unfold, I often find myself reaching for certain books, indulging the desire -- and simple pleasure -- to read old favorites which for me, seem to echo the season we're in.

Clouds are wonderful things. I love to sit and watch them form and re-form

Sunshine brings flowers, camping, outdoor picnics, etc. Sunshine also makes you sweat. This is a wonderful thing, but can also be potentially dangerous. Be healthy. Remember to Hydrate!!

It feels like summertime here at my house today and it's a perfect day just to relax and enjoy it to the fullest! I hope you all have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!

'On Ya'-ma

Wednesday resolution: Make an attempt to live in the now by not worrying or thinking about what is going to occur later today or next week

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Ah, summer has finally arrived in Ohio. Here in Oregon it is here one day and gone the next. But on the days it's here......ah, so sweet.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

A good book...my rocking chair...the front porch....Hummmmm...almost Heaven...!!

Enjoy

That corgi :) said...

again, loved your resolution, Ma. I'm trying to really do that these days and much better attitude comes with it indeed!

all wonderful summer pleasures you listed! A good book with an ice cream cone seems like a great treat to me!

betty

jack69 said...

I love that resolution, I am trying.
One must love Hans, I do. His thoughts seem to penetrate my mind to say the things I wish I had said.
Thanks
Jack & Sherry in the mountains where it is rainy today, but nice.

TARYTERRE said...

Nobody has to force me to pick up a book, either, MA. I LOVE to read out on my patio or in my family room. Nothing could be more relaxing. And with a little dish of mango sorbet to snack on, life is darn near perfect.

JeanJournal said...

SOMEONE said ((((( I can't live without books. )))))IOVE to read also & spend a lot of time in Libraies(or used to) I think reading & walking are the best 2 habits to have TO BE HAPPY! ~ Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun) ~