It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Chapter 6, Page 14, Book 11

Terrific 2's Tuesday!

You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith.

Mary Manin Morrissey

Life can take us on a roller coaster ride full of highs and lows and twists and turns. Even for those of us who enjoy unexpected thrills, it’s frightening to suddenly find ourselves heading for a deep plunge. Yet, it happens to all of us. At these moments, it is important to remember that you are not alone in your experiences. Sharing our fears also can lighten our burden because we are not carrying our worries all by ourselves.

Every now and then life will hand you a situation that sort of stands like a wall between you and precious happiness. When we make the decision to face a situation instead of running from it, a multitude of thoughts go through our minds, we think there may be less risk involved if we simply ignore the situation and do not take the time to deal with it. Remember though, if you start to run, you will have to keep running.

A cheerful frame of mind, reinforced by relaxation... is the medicine that puts all ghosts of fear on the run.

George Matthew Adams
When the earth seems to move under us, let’s be flexible in our expectations but firmly confident in God’s steadfast love and care.

Sometimes fear shows up at very inconvenient times, moments when we would prefer to feel fearless. After all, who wants to confront and deal with fears? Nobody does and most people don’t. It just seems easier to run, hide or procrastinate, but until we confront it, fear will always have us on the run. Do something bold, be the one who runs at it.

My aim is to make my house a place where the love of life never dies. It's a place to bring you back up on those days when life may be bringing you down, to keep your spirit uplifted when you feel the need to refresh your perspective, or to help you learn valuable life lessons . I share my thoughts and life daily here at What's New at My House. I do hope that in some small way I can encourage you too, to love life and never be afraid, but to move forward with JOY.

Life is not measured by the breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away.

Unknown

That is my 2 for this Tuesday! Press forward and fear not.

I hope you have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!

'On Ya' - ma


Tuesday resolution:don’t be afraid to make a mistake or take a leap of faith

6 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I believe you are right about confronting your fears. Since my accident I have been overwhelmed by fear. Now I'm taking the bull by the horns and dealing with it. Feels so much better.

That corgi :) said...

You are a great encourager, Ma, for enjoying life and finding joy in all things! I do look forward to your often timely words of wisdom and advice! thank you for having this attitude that you are willing to share with us!

betty

Ally Lifewithally said...

Yes I must thankyou as well Ma ~ you always give us reasons for being thankful for everyday ~ Ally x

grammy said...

I love to have my breath taken away (o:
You do always have a positive uplifting post here. Your house is a happy house (o:

jack69 said...

Every time I read this quote, it gives me a good feeling, Thanks:

Life is not measured by the breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away.

Love from NC

Sybil said...

As always Ma great words of encouragement...It is so true...some peole just refuse to take that extra step...
Have a lovey day,
God Bless, Love Sybil xx