It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, June 13, 2011

Chapter 6, Page 13, Book 11

I trust in you, O Lord . . . My times are in your hands.

Psalm 31:14-15


MERRY MONDAY!

THE RAVAGES OF TIME . . .

I'm not aging, I just need re-potting.

My idea of cleaning the house is sweeping the floor with a glance.

I cleaned my house yesterday, sure wish you could have seen it.

This isn't clutter, these are my antiques!

Genuine Antique Person, Been there, done that, can't remember!

Your secrets are safe with me and all my friends.

I have a million dollar figure - but it's all loose change!

By the time you find greener pastures, you can't climb the fence!

This house is protected by killer dust bunnies.

It's Monday and once again a new week is here, proof that time is flowing ever onward, and carrying us with it through these lives of ours that we're privileged to be leading

At times, we’ve all wanted to crawl under a rock and hide away from the world.This desire not to be seen often happens when we are feeling very hurt, angry, or simply weary of the world. The poem above aptly describes how I feel today. There are definitely days when I wonder how I could be OVER THE HILL when I don't even remember being on top of it.

None of us are meant to hide; each one of us radiates a unique brilliance that is meant to illuminate the world. When we try to dim our light, we diminish the natural radiance and we deprive the people around us of the unique gifts and talents that we are here to share.

It doesn’t do anyone any good when we try to hide. We are all beings of light and we are here to light the way for each other.

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within

Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

The clock is ticking.

Have you had your laugh today - it feels good and it's good for you !
In times of adversity, humor helps you to cope and survive. It helps you recognize absurdities in situations, and eases the tension.

Shine your light out into the world, don't hide under a rock, bless those around you by sharing your gifts.. Allow your laughter to flow. After all, laughter is the best medicine!


Have a MERRY Monday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

Monday Resolution: Be a light to others today. Start with a simple smile or ask another how their day is going.


'On Ya'-ma

P.S. - Please join me in praying for a dear friend who has suddenly lost a family member this past weekend. We just never know when tragedy can strike. Hold your loved ones tight and tell them just how much you love them. We never know when this could happen to us too.

Lord, we know that your ways are best but it is so hard when we loose someone so dear and near to us. Please comfort this family in their time of deep sorrow.
Amen.

5 comments:

Sonya said...

No hiding today in HR. LOL. Might want to ....LOL. sorry your friend lost a family member. Somethi ng I think of and fear every day. I know your friend will be glad to have u as a friend.

That corgi :) said...

amen to your prayer for your friend, Ma. I am so sorry for her loss, will say a prayer for her and her family!

I like that Psalm, one that I have memorized; speaks words of wisdom indeed!

I liked the ravages of time; boy I can relate to some of them!

We need to shine our light indeed to a world who needs to have words of comfort, words of hope, words of love,etc. You do a great job of shining your light, Ma. Thanks!!

enjoy your Monday!

betty

jack69 said...

Prayers for and with the friend who has lost one they love.

Midlife Mom said...

This little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine, This little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine! I loved that song as a youngster and it still has true meaning today!

Love your writings, very uplifting and thought provoking! :o)

Got a good laugh out of those aging sayings! Especially the repotting one, I need a bigger pot though!!!

So sorry to hear that your friend lost someone close. We never know the day or time when we will be called Home do we?

Linda :) said...

This was me this week... I have not left the house since I started vacation... Think I needed the retreat as I am feeling a bit more recharged today and ready to head back out into the world... first stop to the beach in Monterey tomorrow... Special thoughts for your friend........