It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Chapter 6, Page 12, Book 11

Color is like food for the spirit--
plus it's not addictive or fattening.

Isaac Mizarani


R AND R SUNDAY

My color for this SUNDAY is green

These words are synonymous with green or represent various shades of the color green: apple, aquamarine, emerald, fir, forest, grass green, jade, kelly green, lawn green, leaf green, lime, mint, moss, olive, olive drab, pea green, pine, sage, sap, sea green, seafoam, spring green, viridian

Green is life. Abundant in nature, green signifies growth, renewal, health, and environment. On the flip side, green is jealousy or envy (green-eyed monster) and inexperience.

Green is a restful color with some of the same calming attributes of blue.

With both a warming and cooling effect, the color green denotes balance, harmony, and stability.


The color green is one of my favourite colors - it's fresh, natural and beautiful.

In Germany - green is the color for hope.

So I thought it would nice today to think about the color green. From my deck at the camper the view is mostly green every where I look. There is the green grass, the green leaves on the trees, and we have green hills in the back ground. They are all varying shades of green and you wouldn't mistake one from the other. Grass is grass, leaves are leaves and the hills of course are hills.

It's beautiful and it is very restful. I once worked for a lady who would send out important messages on green paper because she said she thought it would soften what could sometimes be harsh words.

One article I read said that:The color green balances our energy so that in looking at it we feel confident that growth is inevitable

Green invites us to shed our layers and open ourselves to the outside world, not in a frantic way but with an easygoing excitement that draws us outside just to sniff the spring air.

Green reminds us to let go and let nature do her work, while at the same time giving us the energy to do our own

Today is my day of rest and relaxation and I'm letting go and receiving the blessings of nature all around me. Hopefully it will renew my energy so that the week ahead I'll be ready for what ever may come along on the WAY.

I hope that your Sunday will have a little of that green in it...rest and relaxation is so important.

'On Ya'-ma

Sunday resolution: Think before you speak

6 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I definitely liked the Sunday resolution today, Ma! More people need to do that including and foremost Me!!

Interesting about the color green! I hadn't thought of all those worlds that are synonymous with green until you listed them but each are rich in meaning to describe a shade of green indeed!

enjoy your restful day!

betty

Jenny said...

The older i get the more i like the colour green, i also can find God in colour. Have a blessed Sunday.
Jenny <><

jack69 said...

Ah ha, now I am a little greener, I know more, thanks.
We got a shower today but now the sun is out and campers are walking the pets and chatting. Nice.

I know you had a great Sunday!

Hollie said...

I'm with Betty! I haven't ever thought about the color green in this way! Very inspiring! Thank you for sharing!

Buttercup said...

I need to think before I speak every day. I'll use that as my thought for the week. Hope you had a great Sunday and wishes for a happy week.

peggy said...

I love green and now I know why.
I also like the way you have your blog list arranged, was that easy to do? See you tomorrow.