It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Chapter 6, Page 11, Book 11

SUPER SATURDAY!

One of the things that seems to bother me the most is the effect others have on me. If I happen to come into contact with someone that is sour, rude and unfriendly, it does upset me.

It has been statistically proven that 10 percent of people will never like you, so stop trying to have a perfect record with everyone and start celebrating who you are. A person who knows how to live independently does not allow the moods of other people to alter theirs.

It would be ideal to avoid this kind of person, but that is just not possible. It seems they are everywhere you go some days. We can free ourselves of worry and anxiety when we come to realize that we cannot control the thoughts and actions of others. So don’t let anyone steal your happiness, by worrying about what they will think or how they act.

It's really healthy for us to just kick back once in awhile and reflect some on just how were traveling through life, and are we making strong and solid choice's in our life, so we don't find ourselves running head on into Our Golden Years and find ourself's totally unprepared, as for myself, since I'm already here it's ovious I found a lot of area's where I was very vulnerable and unprotected.

I never realized just how many times a day someone tries to steal your joy or to pull us down to thier level of mind and thinking.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Eleanor Roosevelt

A friend used to tell me never let any one steal your joy - your joy is your inner love for yourself – your feeling of positivity. Every time you let someone else’s negativity break through and wound you, you are allowing yourself to feel inferior. Every time you tell yourself your hair is mess, you’re too fat, you’re too short, you’re not smart enough, you are allowing yourself to feel inferior.

Keep JOY in your heart today and have a SUPER Saturday!

'On Ya'-ma


SATURDAY RESOLUTION; I won't let others steal my joy and peace.

8 comments:

Hollie said...

This is something I really struggle with! I really worry about what others think of me....especially friends & family! There are members of my surrounding family that ALWAYS seems to be in a mood, & I'm guilty of letting them steal my joy! Then there's others in my family (In-laws) that always seem like they really don't care for me! That really hurts me as I do care for them & would love to be closer to them! It really upsets me....especially as I've never done anything to them!

Buttercup said...

As ever, great thoughts. So far, it's been a super Saturday. Still have Bible study this afternoon and time with a friend tonight. Hope your day is super, too!

That corgi :) said...

this one really spoke to me today, Ma. It is true not everyone will like us and we need to learn to live independent of what others think of us or act around us. I think that's also good to remember it is what God thinks of us that matters most, not what others think of us. And indeed no one should steal our joy away! We are much loved by God and treasured by him and he takes delight in us. We must live by that motto, I do believe! Again very wise thoughts, Ma!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I try not to let others steal my thunder. But sometimes it's tough. Some people just seem to test your mood, no matter how good you feel. Have a nice weekend.

grammy said...

good advice....I have to keep my joy....like the currency I need to survive....why would I just let others take it...rob me...no way (o:
I went to Walmart and as usual...it stole my energy (o:
Still more saturday to go....

Sonya said...

I love that phrase of not letting anyone steal your joy. I actually told that to someone once. Probably shouldn't have but the person was intent on pushing my buttons always. lol I told her "You are not going to steal my joy today and I'm not going to steal yours". Turns out she didn't! And she no longer is around either, and I'm glad b/c she was a negative and hurtful person and hurt a lot of people.

jack69 said...

Good as usual, Ma. I love a quote that lifts me up. Eleanor hit the nail on the head.

My dad was a pastor all of my life at home. One of his first statements at a new church was, "Don't tell me you don't love me, I think everyone does!"

I like to think the same thing. hahaha

Sybil said...

Great as usual MA. I cetainly try not to let anyone steal my Joy..I always say if someone can't speak and act in a kind way they shoudn't act at all...
Hope you are haing a weekend full of JOy.
Love Sybil xx