It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, June 10, 2011

Chapter 6, Page 10, Book 11

I am not stupid - everyone else is just smarter than me.

You cannot propel yourself forward by patting yourself on the back.


FANTASTIC FRIDAY!

I often try to stick with a game plan for getting things done around my house. It helps to keep things semi decent. So far this week I should have been in my kitchen and taken my fuzz buster to the cobwebs in the corners, I should have wiped down the cupboard doors and I should have cleaned out the fridge. I didn't do any of those things.

I get daily reminders from the Fly Lady and that's how I know what I should have been doing.

The truth is that it’s not where you start; it’s how you finish. When looking at the big picture, we all know that how we finish is more important than where we start.

When working towards goals, forget that you may have started out at a disadvantage, met hurdles or made mistakes along the way. Move past the past! Don’t get discouraged. Don’t blame your past!

I'm not making excuses for what I didn't get done this week, but I will promise you that what needs to be done will be by the end of this day. If I can finish the NEEDS BE DONE each day I'm pretty satisfied. I've found that there is a whole lot of difference between what should be done and what needs to be done.

Stop looking back and start looking forward. Then, you will move ahead in leaps and bounds.

I hope you all have a FANTASTIC Friday!

'On Ya'-ma

Friday resolution: Believe, and it will happen

5 comments:

Hollie said...

My refrig needs some attention too! I probably won't get it done today but maybe tomorrow. My first day off after working....it's kinda hard get much done as I'm usually so tried. We will see though. Have a wonderful day!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Have a great weekend....
Enjoy

That corgi :) said...

that is so true between the needs to be done and shoulds be done around the home, etc, Ma. It is good for us to discern that difference and make sure the needs get done as we can get them done and the work on the shoulds as we can. We always have to take in consideration that life will throw us curves and when we think we'll have that time to get things done, something else might come up that demands our attention, so trying not to beat ourselves up about it but trying to get things done as we can is definitely the right attitude!

I hope it is a great day for you!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I forgot all about the FLY LADY until I heard you mention her. Haven't read anything of hers in quite a few years. Maybe I should revisit her. I agree MA. There is a HUGE difference between what SHOULD be done and what actually NEEDS to be done.

jack69 said...

Another good entry but you summed it up well with this:
Stop looking back and start looking forward. Then, you will move ahead in leaps and bounds.


Have a great evening. The campground looked so good when we drove in. Ahhhhh, now to relax.