It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Chapter 6, Page 1, Book 11

WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!

Time is free but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it, you can never get it back.

Harvey Mackey

We've all been conditioned to look upon time as our enemy. This belief is wrong, but it's so deeply ingrained that if affects even the most gifted people.

Time is something we take so much for granted. We often say we haven't enough of time or that time goes by so quickly. But time can be our best friend if we begin to treat it as a friend. Time becomes our friend when we begin to appreciate that it is a precious gift from God to us. It's easy to lose and waste time but as our friend it helps us make the most of every day.

Live as though you had all the time in the world. Take yourself out of stressful situations sooner than later. Take your time, don't rush. Make decisions when they arise, don't procrastinate. Pay attention to what is directly in front of you . Focus on one thing at a time.

Time is the friend of the wonderful company, the enemy of the mediocre.

Warren Buffett

When we are young we can’t wait to get older so we can be more independant and be taken seriously and then when we get older we just want to be young again.
Making the best of the time you have is an excellent approach to life. As the days have swiftly turned to summer here, I am reminded once again just how fast this beautiful season of warmth and sunshine will fly by. I am really going to strive to make the most of these beautiful days while I can.

Wednesday Resolution: Make time your friend not your enemy

Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

Hollie said...

Wonderful entry & so true!

This one right here is a major problem of mine:

Make decisions when they arise, don't procrastinate.

That corgi :) said...

I like making time our friend; a lot of time I'm looking at the clock trying to squeeze more in or trying to get it to move faster, but I need to just relax and enjoy it because it does go by so fast it seems these days! I can't believe it is June 1st already!

have a good Wednesday Ma!

betty

grammy said...

Time does so get away with you...or is that from you (o:
That is why I am making a calendar of things to do this summer. It helps me to do the things I want to....like girl dates and friend dates ect. Want to come have coffee with me? (o:

TARYTERRE said...

I absolutely LOVED this conversation about TIME. How true it is. I try to use my time wisely, but make sure there is some left over for leisure too.