It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, May 09, 2011

Chapter 5, Page 9, Book 11

Skinny people irritate me! Especially when they say things like, You know, sometimes I just forget to eat.

Now I've forgotten my address, my mother's maiden name, and my keys. But I've never forgotten to eat.

You have to have a special kind of memory to forget to eat.


MERRY MONDAY!

I thought I'd start the week off with something that would make me smile and the little joke above did that for me when I read it.

There has been little in life that has made me forget to eat and the times I did forget, I'd like to forget about too. When I'm really upset I forget to eat but that is about it.

I've never in my life been a good dieter and now that I'm past my prime I don't worry about looking fashionable. The same clothes have fit me for a number of years and after I retired I even lost some weight since I was no longer sitting behind a desk all day.

I hope you find something today to make you SMILE too. My Monday is off to a great start here. Have a MERRY Monday!

'On Ya'-ma

Resolution for Monday: Stop procrastinating today on a project you keep putting off and pray for God's assistance with your delays.

10 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I'm past my prime too. I have a healthy appetitie and won't apologize for it. LOL So this tickled me. Also thanks for the encouragement. Procrastinating is my middle name. I have to do something about it. Have a good day.

peggy said...

That's a smile from me! Did you ever sit down to eat at a place with fabulous food and want it all, and the person you are with orders soup??? Happy Monday!

Kath said...

I think many have heard the saying "My stomach thinks my throat is cut" Ma.Well mine feels it is all the time,so it won't let me forget to eat LOL!!I do try watch what I eat as I've got older, but it doesn't seem to work like it did when I was young,I still feel hungry.I am the size I am and if no one likes me like this then so be it He-He I love my food.Have a Merry Monday.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Kath said...

Just tessting

Kath said...

I think most people have heard the saying "My stomach thinks my throat is cut,Ma.Well mine feels like that all the time as I have got older,so it won't let me forget to eat.I am very happy with that,as I love my food he-hee.Have a Very Merry Monday Ma.This is the fourth attempt to get this published.Sorry for the testing one.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Forget to Eat...!!!!
Never...!!

Enjoy

That corgi :) said...

I think all things in moderation; I'm with you, Ma, not a good dieter though I try to be, but eating healthy and moving our bodies is the best thing to stay as healthy as we can and at a reasonable weight.

I like your advice about praying to God to help with procrastination!


may your day be a great one!

betty

That corgi :) said...

I think all things in moderation; I'm with you, Ma, not a good dieter though I try to be, but eating healthy and moving our bodies is the best thing to stay as healthy as we can and at a reasonable weight.

I like your advice about praying to God to help with procrastination!


may your day be a great one!

betty

grammy said...

That was such a great joke....
I never forget to eat either...
and trust me
I forget plenty of things
loved the little booklet your Granddaughter put together

Scrappy quilter said...

I'm past my prime too although I would like to get rid of a few pounds. I laughed when I read this post though. Hope you had a wonderful day. Hugs