It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, May 07, 2011

Chapter 5, Page 7, Book 11

Go to the ant . . . . Consider her ways and be wise

Proverbs 6:6


SUPER SATURDAY

Many of us will do something special to celebrate the arrival of spring. At my house it is often a time buy ant traps. Those little invaders continually march into the kitchen in search of any crumb left on the floor

By the time winter arrives, they’re not worried about what they will eat. Little by little, these hard workers have saved up enough to sustain themselves

Just like those tiny ants, I'm doing what I can to store up. Not food to sustain me, but warm memories for the long winter to come. From now until the end of October, I'll be tucked away in the woods at my camper on the hill. There are days I'll have to be home to take care of whatever needs be done there, but as often as I can this is where I'll be.

I guess I should have been a country girl instead of a city girl as I love it out here. If I could be somewhere on a beach, maybe that would make me happier, but that isn't an option for me, so next best is here where I'm surrounded by trees and a beautiful lake to look out on too. From my deck the view is just beautiful.

Sometimes I have the company of family or friends and sometimes I'm here alone. Either way I enjoy it to the fullest. Sometimes there are sunny days and sometimes there are rainy days, yet the view remains the same. Peaceful and restful.

It will be a SUPER Saturday for me today, I hope your day is a SUPER one too!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Have a wonderful time spending the days in the wilderness, enjoying the quiet and relishing visitors when they come. I hope your camping is all you want it to be. Hugs

TARYTERRE said...

We also have the march of the ants and I do what I can to keep them at bay. What I would give for a place in the woods by a lake. It has been a dream of mine for years, but is just not meant to be. You are so lucky to have such a tranquil spot. ENJOY!

That corgi :) said...

I think I would enjoy your place by the lake, Ma! It always looks so pretty in the pictures you share! I'm sure too you will take plenty of pictures throughout this season to view when camping is over for this year! But since it just began, long days ahead to make new wonderful memories! Enjoy!

betty

Kath said...

I love the country too Ma.As you know I have spent part of my life living at the beach and I prefer the greenery and countryside any day.As for the ants I hope you can keep them at bay .I would hate that in my home Grr.My daughter used to have them when she lived in Spain too.Have a great weekend I hope the weather is kind to you.Rain here at the moment but is is most welcome for the dry grass..Take Care God Bless Kath xx