It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, May 06, 2011

Chapter 5, Page 6, Book 11

FANTASTIC FRIDAY!

Today is nothing less than a miracle!

I'm thinking that the very fact that I can sit here and leisurely sip my good cup of coffee this morning is truly a miracle. I know there are many that never find such moments in their lives. For some, the world turns to a different tune indeed.

So many things that we take for granted in our lives are the miracles of life that we forget to see.

Can we complain at all when our lives are so full of wondrous things that others can only dream of? I've been retired now for a whole year and everyday I find myself in awe of how great it feels. To do what I want to do and when I want is something that was an unknown quantity to me and now is an everyday reality.

I still have family commitments and obligations but those are the things that bring nothing but JOY to my life. I don't have a lot of money but I do have riches that money cannot buy. These are the things that make miracles a daily happening in my life.

A sunrise, a bird singing, a baby laughing. Watching the flowers bloom, hearing the ducks in flight honking their directions as they go...

This is a FANTASTIC Friday here for me. My wish is that it is a fantastic one for you too!

'On Ya'-ma

Friday resolution:

Make somebody happy today. Mind your own business

Ann Landers

8 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Enjoy your "camping(?)" weekend...!!

Scrappy quilter said...

Isn't retirement fun. Sounds like you are thoroughly enjoying yours. Did you get to your camper yesterday? Love the quote from Ann Landers. Hope your day goes well. Hugs

TARYTERRE said...

Simple pleasures are the best. Have a wonderful weekend.

That corgi :) said...

You have contentment with your life, Ma! That is a wonderful thing to have these days, to be content with what you have and to enjoy each day with gratitude and awe! lots of people never get there I do believe!

hope the weekend is a great one!

betty

grammy said...

You are right
it is a fantastic day
and everyday is such a miracle
Happy Mothers day weekend (o:

Kathy said...

Thanks for reminding us all to appreciate the little things and how amazing our lives are compared to so many in this world. Enjoy your weekend and Happy Mother's Day.

Jean said...

I hope you have a fun weekend and a Happy Mothers day to you.

Sybil said...

Yes Friday was another wodnerful day for me as well Ma...like you every day I try to see something to be thankful for...Hope you are at the camper this weekend and that the weather is ok. We have had rain at last, thunder storms last evening hopefully enough rain to help fill the water butts that have been empty..
Love Sybil